Chapter 11: Reunited

Kanan's pov

Today is Friday, and tomorrow Hera is coming back. Fulcrum hasn't even called me so there is no way she will find Ezra by tomorrow. I just hate how I can't do anything about this. I was the last one who saw him so I should be able to help.

Every night, I slept in Ezra's room. If I didn't then I would forget Ezra wasn't here. It was sad because I was searching around the ghost to find Ezra and when I remembered, I almost started crying again. I only want to cry myself to sleep so I won't have to go through the pain in the morning.

Since I had nothing to do, I was going to read another entry of Ezra's book. But once I saw it, I don't know what happened. I just couldn't bare to see it for some reason. So I walked around the ghost that was completely empty. No one to see laugh or cry. That's when I got tired of the loneliness and ran outside.

I was sweating like crazy while breathing in and out. I felt like my heart had been broken into two pieces. My thoughts were swirling around me. What if they didn't find Ezra in time? What if Ezra got hurt? What if Ezra's..........dead?

No he can't be dead. I wouldn't be able to live if he was dead. I would've sensed if Ezra was dead. He isn't dead. He can't be dead!!!! Ezra please don't be dead!!!!! I need you more than anything!!!! I've lost too many people I cared about, I don't want to lose another.

I desperately try to hold my tears back. But they just come streaming down my face. Please come back Ezra!!!! I need you!!!! All of a sudden, a ship from Fenix squadron lands a few feet away from me. I quickly wipe the tears away and look to see what's going on.

Two people come out of the ship. A man from the Fenix squadron and...........Ezra? "Kanan!!!!!!" Ezra shouts running towards me. "Ezra? Ezra!!!!" I shout running towards him. We then kneel down on the ground and hug.

I hold him tight never wanting to let him go. The tears start to reform and fall down my face. I could tell Ezra is crying too. "Kanan I'm so sorry." Ezra says getting out of the hug. He's sorry? "Why are you s-?" That's when I see a line on Ezra's neck.

My mind already knew what happened but my heart didn't want to except it. "What happened to your neck?" I ask him. He looks at it once and just stays quiet for a second. I then notice the Fenix squadron soldier. Ezra could tell me about that later.

I get off the ground while Ezra does the same thing. "Thank you so much for finding Ezra." I say. "Your welcome sir. We're happy to help. Take care." He says and gets back in his ship and flies away. I look back at Ezra who is looking at the ghost.

"I didn't think I would be able to see the ghost again." He says. I put my hand on his shoulder. "Well there it is, and by the way we shouldn't tell Hera about any of this right?" I ask him. His eyes widen. "Right." He says with a smile. I then put my arm around Ezra and we both walk in. We are finally reunited, Master and Padawan, Father and Son.