Chapter Ten

Hazel's POV;

Daniel and I were situated on one of the couches in their backyard for Miley's party, watching the scenery of Miley, Haley, and other children running around and having a great time. There was a clown, face painting, a moon bounce, snacks, and colorful decorations to fit her princess theme.

"Did you really think I would do that? Never!" I exclaimed, laughing. We were talking about our phone call the other day about Jelani and Jonna.

"I almost dropped my phone." Daniel stated, laughing.

"I wouldn't go back to Jelani if my life depended on it." I stated.

"I wish it was that easy for me." He said as his tone became more serious.

"You seem so unhappy with her though. What makes it so hard for you?"

"That's a good question."

"Remember that day when I first met you and you told me it was the distance that was killing you?"

He nodded, waiting for a response.

"And then the next time I saw you, you guys got into a big argument-"

"And then she got into that car crash, on her way to me. She risked her modeling career by missing shoots for me and I argued with her that day. And then she got into that accident..." He said, averting his eyes elsewhere. He heavily sighed, shaking his head.

I was slightly taken aback by this. He seemed so distraught when he said this, I couldn't help but to feel sorry.

He feels guilty.

It's guilt.

Not love.

"All she wanted to do was work things out..." He said.

"Please don't tell me you feel like any of it is your fault?"

He sighed, not responding.

"The accident is not your fault at all. There's no reason why you should feel like it is." I said.

Now, he rested his face in his palms in distress.

"When she told you this what did you feel? What made you forgive her and take her back?"

"If you must know, psychologist," he started, lifting his head up. He lightly laughed, softening the dark mood.

"I felt guilty. I felt horrible. She came here for me and I ignored all her calls and she just wanted to work things out. Hazel, I honestly don't think I would have ever did that for her. If I had a show, I don't think I would have missed that for her. That go to me because it showed that she cared enough to do that..."

"You say that you would have never risked your career for her like she did for you, but have you ever thought about the fact that you would have never cheated on her like she did to you?"

There was a moment of silence as he just stared at me profoundly, until his gaze dropped to the ground.

"That's a really good point, Hazel." He said finally.

"Once a cheater always a cheater, honestly. How do you know she won't cheat again? Especially with the distance, I personally believe that makes it an even greater chance for her to cheat. I think you just felt guilty about the whole accident thing, honestly." I said.

He only continued to stare at the ground.

"I hate the fact that you're always upset. I kind of consider you a friend now and I won't allow my friends to be sad, it won't happen. I won't let it happen. From now on you will be happy and that's an order, mister." I smiled.