Chapter Nine

"I love you," She whispered. "I love you so much." Her voice was barely audible as she said this. I felt my shirt dampen on the spot where her tears landed. Her hold on me was as tight as it could be, and my arms merely dangled by my sides, not reciprocating this gesture.

Partly because I was still upset and also out of caring for her injured arm and body.

"Daniel, I love you so much." She said. "I'm so sorry." She sniffled. I still said nothing, did nothing, but felt everything.

I love I feel for this girl is real, but the pain I felt for her actions were real too.

"Please say something." She pleaded, loosening her grip on me. She had a begging look in her eyes, her eyebrows furrowed and eyes glossed.

I shook my head, "You don't love me." I stated.

"What?" She said her glossy eyes now releasing the tears she held back. "You know I love you," she whispered.

"I would have never did you like you did me."

"Dan, you have to understand-"

"Please don't try to justify cheating, Jonna."

"I'm not saying that. What I did was completely wrong, but, Dan, you have to admit...nothing was the same. Our schedules just didn't work well with each other and things were just falling a part with us...even you admitted that plenty of times. You can't tell me that you were happy with our relationship."

"I didn't go and cheat on you."

She closed her eyes in desperation, heavily sighing. "I'm sorry." She stated. "Do you want to know the reason why I was even in the accident to begin with?" She asked.

I didn't say anything, I only waited for her to continue.

She looked down at the floor. "I actually had a shoot in L.A to go to. I saw that you were home and I decided to fly out to surprise you. I knew our relationship was falling to pieces and I just wanted this to work out, I honestly did, Daniel. I risked missing photo shoots, an angry manager and mom, for you. Don't you dare tell me that I don't love you. On my way to you, is when I got into the accident. After being hospitalized, I called and called, and called you. You never answered, Daniel. It took me having to call someone else to tell you for you to come. If anything I should be questioning your love for me."

"Can you blame me for not answering? We got into a huge argument that day--" I started.

"Yeah, we did Daniel. While I was on my way to you, and then I got into that accident."

I taken aback and at a loss for words. My lips parted open in disbelief. A sense of guilt overpowered my body. It was my eyes now, that were glossed with tears.

"Jonna..." I whispered. My eyes fell on her bruises and my stomach turned. "I'm sorry."

This is my fault.

She missed a shoot in L.A, came here instead to try to fix things, gets into an accident...for me.

She shook her head, taking her unharmed hand interlacing her fingers with mine. "Daniel, none of that even matters," she said in a more soft tone. "I still cheated."

"I cheated on you!" She cried. "And I'm so, so, so sorry," she was hysterically crying now, barely audible. "I just -you weren't there, and I was so angry, and he was a long time friend of mine when I use to live here and he was there-"

Not wanting to hear about him, I cut her off with a kiss. "I don't want to hear about him, ok?"

She nodded, kissing me again.