Chapter Two

Hazel's POV;

I woke up to the luminous sunlight beaming through my curtains. I shifted my legs so that they dangled over my bed and let out a yawn. I went to my bathroom to get ready for the day. After washing up I put on mid-thigh jean shorts with a black short sleeve shirt. I wrapped a red and black checkered button up around my waist to spice up the outfit. And to finish I slipped on my white high top Converse.

I looked in the life size mirror on my door and felt somewhat confident in my appearance. My phone vibrated.

Jelani Outside :)

Me k :)

I trotted downstairs to find my mother in the living room.

"Hey mommy, I'm going to hang out with Jelani today. I'll be back later." I told her.

She smiled at me. "Have fun sweetheart." She kissed me on the cheek then furrowed her eyebrows.

"What is it?" I asked in confusion.

"Where's your necklace, baby?" She asked. Crap!

I felt my bare neck. "It's upstairs, I'll get it."

And with that I ran upstairs to retrieve my necklace, and ran back down. I would have been so mad if I forgot it. I never go a day without wearing it.

"Here..." My mother said approaching me and reached for the necklace.

I turned so that she could put it on for me. I laughed lightly, she loves to baby me. She clamped it and I lifted my hair so that it wasn't tucked into the necklace. Just then a honk penetrated through the house.

"Thanks mom!" I said as I trailed off towards the front door.

"Honey!" My mother called out.

I turned around to see my purse hanging from her hand.

"Thanks again, mom." I laughed.

If you couldn't tell, I'm a very forgetful person.

I heard a small voice call from behind.

"Hazel!" Someone squeezed my leg.

"Hey, Haley." I warmly smiled at my seven year old sister.

"Are you leaving me?!" She looked up at me with wide eyes and pouted.

I bent down so that I was eye to eye with her. "I'll be back later, okay? I promise." I told her.

She nodded. "Okay."

"Love you."

"Love you too!" She said to me as she trotted back to mom.

I inched towards the car and before I could even get in, I was being scolded.

"It took you long enough!" He joked.

"Sorry." I laughed, pulling my seatbelt across my body.

"Well on another note," he started and then looked at me. "You look beautiful." He said, sincerely.

I blushed and looked down at my hands. "So where are we going?" I attempted to change the subject.

He let out a soft chuckle and turned to look at the road. I studied his smile as he beamed and couldn't help but to notice how perfect it was. His profile is beautiful. His mocha colored skin and short, curly black hair.

"Movies then maybe something to eat later on...cool?" He turned to look at me as I was still admiring him.

I snapped out of it when I realized he had been waiting for a response. "Oh, uh, yeah okay." I blushed. How embarrassing.