Chapter Eight

Hazel's POV

After leaving work and being dropped off back home, I felt a weird vibe. Something just didn't feel right. Diggy was acting really odd towards me the entire ride. Was it because he was embarrassed of letting his emotions out to me? But this isn't the first time he has vented to me, so I don't understand.

I almost wanted to text him and ask him if everything was alright, but I didn't. I mean we both have each other's number but we never text each other so it would be weird to just come out of the blue texting him. Am I over thinking this? Maybe I should just text him.

I scrolled to my contacts looking for Diggy or Diggy Simmons or Daniel or something but I couldn't find anything which was weird. He programmed it in his self so maybe something happened. Maybe it's a sign to just leave it alone.

My phone rang, disrupting my thoughts. It was from...

Celebrity Creep Kid

Well that explains the whole not being able to find his name situation. I pressed 'answer' nervously.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, Hazel." He said. He sounded sort of nervous as well.

"What's up celebrity creep kid?" I said, lightly laughing. "I can't believe you put your name in as that."

"Well you do always call me that, so..." He trailed off, chuckling.

"Well only because you are." I laughed. "But on a serious note, what's up?"

There was a slight pause before he answered. "Okay, I kind of wanted to talk to you about something if you don't mind. It is kind of late, so..."

"No it's all good."

"Okay so that guy you were with today..."

"Oh, Jelani?"

"Yeah, I guess."

"Oh, what about him?"

Before he could answer, my door came swinging open. Haley trotted in, pouting, with her hand out.

"Hold on." I said to him. "Haley what happened?"

"I got a boo boo."

"You're too old to be saying that." I said. She's in that really weird stage of growing up.

I examined her hand to see that there was a small paper cut on her finger.

"Can you put this on?" She held up a Spongebob band-aid in her other hand.

I wrapped her band aid around the cut. "There." I said.

"Thanks big sis." She smiled, trotting out of my room.

"Go to bed!" I said in a motherly tone as she left.

I sighed, picking the phone up. "I'm so sorry. But sister duties."

"Oh I understand, trust me." He said.

"Oh yeah, that's right. You do have a younger sister."

"Yup. Okay so about Jeremy-"

"Jelani." I corrected.

"Yeah. Him. He-" he was cut off by what sounded like his mother's voice.

She seemed to be yelling at him about something and he deeply sighed. "Hey, can we talk tomorrow." He said exasperatedly.

"Oh yeah, sure." I said.

"Talk you later. Good night."

"Night." I said. "Wait," I said before hanging up.