Chapter 22

Janeya POV
Today was the day before my lip gloss releasing party and I was completely stressed. The photographer caught the flu, Bri and her sleeping schedule had been inconsistent, August has been giving me the cold shoulder, and Mani still hasn't told me she'll come. I was completely out of it. I just put Brielle to sleep now I was on my phone making calls to see who could be my photographer for the event.

I'm calling to see if you are open to to doing some shots at my business event tomorrow evening.

"Tomorrow evening? That's a little last minute."
I rolled my eyes.

Can you do it or not? I know it's last damn minute, my last photographer caught the flu. I'll pay double your pricing.

"My bad, I'm sorry. I'll do it just text me the info."

Alright thanks.

I sighed. That's one more thing off my list of things to fix. I heard a knock at my door and went to go answer it. It was mani with a huge smile on her face. I frowned.

Bitch why you so happy?

"Cause a bitch is poppin, duh." She said rolling her eyes. She came in and we went to the living room.

Wassup with you coming tomorrow? I asked.

"I'm coming, I just want to make it clear that I don't want to be no where around her. No tables, no toasts, no pictures, nothing." I rolled my eyes.

Fine, you really don't fuck with her huh?

"Not at all." She said with a very serious face.

Okay then lil mama, it's set then.

"Why it look like you been through a damn hurricane?" She said laughing which triggered me to.

Bitch, I'm tired. I said plopping on the couch.

"Aww, poor mama we should go to the spa or something."

That's sounds nice right about now.

"Too bad I'm booked for the day." I frowned.

How you gone suggest that and just dismiss it? We laughed.

"I'm sorry but told Chris I'll go to court with him today."

He got a case?! I said sitting up.

"Nah girl, his mama going through a divorce." I sat back and sighed.

Good, lord knows he don't need no more damn trials. We laughed.

"Right, but maybe you could take Brielle and August with you for some family time. Since August "miss that" ahhh." I rolled my eyes.

Girl, he's a mess.

"Has he talked to since?"

Barely, just a calls me to see what Brielle doing but other than that nah.

"Damn, neya you should at least try to talk to him about it."

About what? He know why we can't be together. If it wasn't for his dumb ass we wouldn't have to live in different homes. Then he me looking like the bad guy in front of bre, the fuck out of here. I'm cool on that.

"Whatever you act like he not gone bring it up again, y'all gone have to talk anyway. So really this conversation, is pointless." She said circling her finger around us.

Yea whatever. I said rolling my eyes. You leaving ain't you?

"Oooo, look who getting snappy. I like that in you." She said getting up and winking at me. I rolled my eyes.

Get out weirdo, lock the door on the way out! I said yelling so she could hear me. I turned my head and Bri was standing there looking upset.

What's wrong baby?

"I'm hot mommy." She said walking towards me.

Aww, you want a milkshake? She nodded yeah.

Okay, go put your shoes on. She walked away. And bring the brush so I can fix your hair!

Armani's POV
So where we going now?

"What you want to eat?" Chris said.

Umm, I said looking out the car window thinking.

I want some Popeyes to be honest. He laughed.

"Girl you ghetto as fuck." I rolled my eyes and laughed.

Whatever.
•15 minutes later•
We were just sitting in the car at a empty parking lot. We had just finished our food and we were talking about my album.

"I think you should cut the bridge a count shorter to make sure you get the feel of the drums."

That would be cute.

"Shit would be fire." He looked at me which made me smile.

"What you smiling for?" He chucked.

Boy I can smile, I'm just having a good day.

"I'm glad you is, cause that shit that went down in the court room made me wanna loose my freedom." I crawled over to the drivers seat and straddled him.

Aww, I'm sorry you got to go through that.

"It's not me going through it, I just hope she gone be okay."

It's hard going through heartbreak, that shits another type of pain. He looked me in my eyes.

"But a real man stays and works it out, cause he cares."

You care about me?

" Yeah, you know that already."

I know I just wanted to hear you say it. He kissed me and I kissed him back. I been accepting him a little bit more lately. I wonder the seat back so it was more comfortable for the both of us.

"If you not gone let me do what I want to do to your ass then you might as well stop now." I looked him in the eyes.

Nah, I want you.

"You foreal? Cause I'm bout to fuck the shit out of you."

That's fine.