Chapter 5

Armani P.O.V
It was a sunny Friday morning in Barbados. Me, Anya, and Janeya flew out here yesterday morning and we were finally here. Bri stayed with mama Sheila until Neya came home. Today was the day the Carnival started and of course it would start at twelve. I was so excited and happy for this carnival. We were all at me and Anya's condo unpacking our stuff when we heard a knock in the door. I walked down the hallway and opened the door. It was my dad. He had a big smile which caused me to frown. I opened the screen door and let him in. We gave each other hugs and exchanged "Hellos". He walked over in the kitchen and sat down at the kitchen table. I shut the door and turned around an saw Anya and Janeya greeting him.
Janeya: OMG papa Fenty I haven't seen you in soo longg!
She said givin him a big hug. Sometimes Neya could act like such a baby.
Dad: Oh and haven't I missed you little Neya.
She got off his lap and walked over to the refrigerator.
Janeya: You want something to drink?
Dad: Yes, uhh some Pineapple juice would be great.
She frowned. She gave Anya a look.
Anya: I got it Neya.
We laughed.
Since Anya came here she's been working at a juice shack and they make 100% real juice. So whenever we're thirsty she'll make us something original. I walked over and took a seat by my dad. Neya sat on the counter.
Me: So daddy what brings you here?
Dad: Well, I wanted to ask you something.
Me:Ok..
Dad: So lately I've been in the studio and I've been listening to your songs.
Me: What songs?
Neya: The ones that you claim you play around with.
I look confused.
Dad: Exactly, and I've met up with some professionals and made little tweaks to them and thought you should perform it on the last day of carnival.
I frowned.
Me: What? Are you foreal?
Dad: Yes.
I looked around and Anya gave me a "mm" look and Janeya was just smiling. Anya gave my dad his juice and took a seat by my dad.
Dad: Thank you Anya.
Anya: No problem.
Me: Wait, hold on. So while I was gone you went in the studio and messed with my tracks?
Dad: Yes the studio that I own, and the songs that you were just "playin" with.
Me: Ok dad I'm not no pro at singing. I don't even want to be a singer. I'm perfectly fine with being a model.
Janeya: You can be both.
Anya: Exactly, and you don't sound bad mani.
Me: I'm still not a singer. You know what those people will say about me? They'll go on saying I think I can sing because Chris Brown was my Ex. I don't need that type of press.
Dad: Who cares what they think. You have talent so if they see that then they can't say that.
Neya: Right.
Me: So wait, which songs have you touched?
He pulled out a Hard drive and gave it to me.
Dad: It's all on here. I have to go though, I gotta make sure all the decorations are set up.
He stood up and so did I. We walked to the door and he gave me a hug.
Dad: Listen to it, you may be surprised.
I chuckled and he left. I closed the door and walked back over to the table.
Me: Anya-
Anya: I'll go get it.
I laughed.
Me: Thanks.
Janeya: Umm mani.
I looked up at her.
Me: Huh?
Janeya: I just got a text from Aug saying Chris is coming.
I frowned.
Me: What?
Janeya: Yea..
Me: Oh hell no.
I got my phone out my pocket when Anya placed the computer right in front of my face. I opened it an placed the hard drive in. I went to it's folder and clicked on the first song. It was "We Ride". I made that song dedicated to Chris. I covered it up by telling everyone I was just playing but I really made this for him. I sounded really good. I loved it. I looked up and saw Anya and Neya dancing. We laughed.
I clicked on the next song and it was my song "Umbrella". I was getting into it when I heard Chris's voice come into the speaker. I frowned.
Me: The hell?
I stopped the song when Anya and Janeya looked at me confused.
Me: Why the hell is he on my song?
Janeya: I don't know but it was hot.
Anya: Yeah no lie, he murdered that.
I shook my head and clicked on the next song. It was "Bitch Better Have My Money". Now this one I really was playing with, so I'm very surprised my dad turned this into a good beat and song.
Janeya: Ayyee!
We laughed.
I clicked on the last one which was "Man down". It started with a very island type of beat which I loved. I think all of these were great. I took the hard drive out and shut down the computer.
Janeya: Soo?
Anya: Yea what you think?
Me: I should be asking y'all that.
Neya: I think that shit was fire.
I laughed.
Anya: Me too, you sounded real good mani.
Janeya: Yea.
I smiled.
Anya: So you gone perform it or nah?
I hesitated for a minute.
Me: Yea I'll do it.
They screamed and ran over to hug
Me.
Janeya: My baby gone be a star!
Anya:Yass!
August P.O.V
It was a sunny day in Barbados and I was more than ready to party. I was born in New Orleans, so we had many parades and shit but I never went. It wasn't my part of town but this "carnival" shit was fun no lie. I had fun every time I came up here. Especially on the second day, that's when all the niggas come out to play ball. I was at my hotel when I got a call from Kaliyah.
Me: Hello?
Kaliyah: August?
Me: What's up Li?
Kaliyah: Umm, I have to talk to you bout something.
Me: Wassup.
Kaliyah: I think we should see other people for a while.
I frowned.
Me: What you talkin bout?
Kaliyah: It's obvious you don't have time for me. And I understand, your career, your daughter, and your "friendship" with your babymoma. I just need sometime to myself.
Me: Man you trippin, I already told you what it was before all this relationship shit and you still wanted to go for it. But aight call me when you really wanna work this shit out and stop playin these games.
After that I hung up. How she gone break up with me? I'm the one that was making time for her. She know I do this shit every month as she still wanted to Pursue a relationship. So I ain't trippin. At least not right now. I'm here to have a good time so that's why Ima do. I then got a text from Chris saying he here and at a close hotel. He said he gone be ready by twelve for the carnival. So I guess it's gone be all of the crew together again.
Armani P.O.V
We were all at the gateway to Saint Michael's waiting for the live music to start. I was dressed in this all white and silver costume. I had my natural hair out and was ready to party. Anya was In a purple, green, and yellow costume which was pretty. Janeya was In this beautiful red and silver costume which showed her big ass. We where all ready when the music started we started walking and dancing to it. It was so live and fun. Anya was doing some weird dance which was causing me to laugh so hard. Neya was popping her booty as she was walking. I was walking and kind of rolling if that makes sense. We were all having a good time when I thought about something. Janeya said earlier that Chris was coming up here. I totally forgot. And at that moment is when I saw him walking towards me. "Damn".
__________________________
Heyy! Damn I'm doin good. Updating twice in one day✊😌ok so I decided on who is Janeya and she is Leandra. Leandra is Rih's friend so yea. So excited about this Carnival!!😂😘 Can't wait but make sure y'all vote and comment and add this to your library because I should have more time on my hands since school is out. Anyway yeah..😂😎😜Thought i'd add a little video to show you how turnt they get at carvinal😂✊All the girls are in the multimedia😘