Chapter 31: A human dragon

Chapter 32: A human dragon

Auroranossen on Twitter and Instagram - I will be posting illustrations!

Bella woke up in her four-poster, very soft bed. While she lay there under the covers she couldn't help but feel that something was wrong. Then last night's events played in her mind and her stomach sank. She slid down from the bed and got dressed, using as long times as possible. When she finally made her towards the living room, she noticed Snape sitting in his armchair. His usual scowl decorating his pale face, making his hooked nose look bigger.

"Dad?" She tried carefully. When Snape looked up his scowl slightly softened, but not much.

"Ah... three hours late I see." He said after taking a quick glance towards the grandfather-clock on the wall.

"I overslept. Should I go to class now?" She asked hesitantly. Remembering the last time she was grounded; then he had given her private lessons after dinner. Snape cleared his throat before answering and turned over a page in the Daily Prophet.

"I took the liberty on informing your teachers that you still were sick from... last night." There was a pause before he continued. "It looked like you needed a small break..." Snape had seen how heavy she slept when he had went in to growl her awake a couple of hours earlier.

"Thank you." She said, revealing her surprise. His gaze was set on a scowl again and he continued back to his reading.

"It isn't like I am going to do that every time you get yourself in trouble, so don't get used to it." He barked without looking up. A smile spread in the corner of her mouth and she twisted her fingers, not knowing what to say.

"What are you smiling about girl?" Snape said, as if though he could see straight through his paper.

"Nothing, I just-" She mumbled quickly, but was interrupted by a large growl from her unfaithful stomach. It never seemed to do what she wanted. Snape, without words, handed her a plate of delicious chocolate chip pancakes from under the table, as if he had been waiting for her and made milk pour itself while it floated towards them and landed on the table. Even though it was very difficult to see, Snape was smiling.

*

Snape had already left for his class and Bella was standing next to the door, building up the courage to get outside. She had begged her father to stay in that day too, but he had just growled at her, saying something about 'taking responsibility of your actions'. She sighed and grabbed her bag, before stepping out in the hall. It was empty. She twirled her long braid with her fingers as she walked, begging to god that no one would show up. "Feeling a little green lately?" A voice spoke behind her. Madison. She had her usual cruel smirk plastered on her face while speaking with a vicious voice. "I never though you would be able to rub it off, how long did it take? Is that the reason why you hid yesterday?"

"Stop it!"

"Oh... did I hurt your feelings?" Madison did a bad imitation of her by crying."Bu-hu. But wait!"

"What?"

"I you still are a little green." She laughed.

"Stop it Malfoy." A voice from behind her spoke. Phil walked towards them, taking Bella's arm.

"Oh isn't it the other Weasley... tell me where did your father work again?"

"The ministry." Phil said, Bella could detect a small portion of pride in his voice.

"Ah... it's him! Father has told me about that, he is that poor bastard who earns so little that his family practically has to sleep on top of each other."

"Shut it Malfoy!" Phil roared, his ears scarlet red and his eyes shooting sparks.

"I guess you and Bella would make a good fit. Since she has no family at all, she can barrow yours! After all I hear your mother just loves to take in street kids."

"What is your problem?" Bella suddenly spoke, she as surprised by her bravery as the others. "When I first met you; you were nice and then you turn your back at me, then you trick me into being your friend again – before humiliating me in front of the entire school."

"Well what can I say Bella, we purebloods are a more dominant raze – well, maybe except this one; a blood traitor..." She looked at Phil with disgust. "He is on the same level as you."

"He is much better than you!" Bella said angrily.

"How dare you!" Suddenly she drew out her wand and pointed it at her. "I'll make you eat your words."

"Not so fast!" Phil said and drew out his own.

"Oh isn't that sweet!, a red - headed knight, protecting on of his mother's stray dogs.

"I'll make you eat your words! Burnintioarmor!" He roared, but his wand backfired. With a dunk!, Phil landed on the ground. Madison laughed, keeping her head up high.

"Nice try, Weasley!"

Phil was still on the ground, now on his four, breathing heavily.

"Phil? Are you alright?" She asked hesitantly, before smoke escaped his mouth.

"It's n-nothing-" He stuttered, but in that second he gushed fire. A small shriek escaped her mouth before she clasped to hands in front of him, staring at Phil. Again fire escaped his mouth.

"It backfired." Phil mumbled between flames.

"Do you want me to get you to Madam Pomfrey?" She asked, stepping backwards, away from the heat. Phil shook his head.

"It'll go over in a- a-" Flames. "minute." He finished. "I tried it once, but with a broken wand and all..." And he was right, ever so slowly the effect eased down. Now it only happened every half minute. After a long silence, waiting for the curse to stop, she finally spoke.

"Thanks." She said.

"You too."

"I was stupid."

"Yes you where, what were you thinking with?" He said, flames escaping his mouth.

"I don't know..." She looked at where Madison had been standing and bit her lip. "So does this mean we are friends again?" She asked hesitantly.

"Only if you promise to never trust that git again."

"Not until I die, or else I'll color my hair pink."

"I guess your father would be happy then." He laughed.

"I wander what he would say..." She thought.

"Bella, this is not what I have been expecting of you, child. Do you have anything to say for yourself?" Phil mimicked, the scowl on his face growing bigger for each word. On the end of the sentence Phil coughed up what was left of the flames.

"That was kind of cool." She said.

"Yeah, but it would have been cooler if Malfoy was the one tasting it."

"How does it taste-"

"Bad. Really bad."

* * *