Chapter 31: Snape

Chapter 31: Snape

Auroranossen on Twitter and Instagram - I will be posting illustrations!

In silence she fallowed after Snape down the gloomy dungeons. She could feel the cold brush her skin, as if the air was making fun of her.

"Sit." Snape ordered coldly and she obeyed without hesitation.

"What do you think you are doing?" He growled angrily, making her lose the feeling in her stomach.

"I-I"

"Well girl? Are you more stupid than you look?"

"No."

"So would you like to explain to me why you make a fool of yourself?"

"I was just-"

"God Bella, think!"

"I am sorry..."

"I am sorry this and I am sorry that! That doesn't help when you come up with these stupid ideas. Haven't you learned anything since we were at the Malfoys? Don't you understand people from another house than you, especially Slytherin cannot be trusted? I thought you were smarter than that."

"You are in Slytherin." She mumbled.

Snape's eyes slightly softened by the sight of her. She swallowed and looked down at her hands.

"Twenty points from Gryffindor and you are grounded for a week."

"Why?"

"Stupidity. Next time you will probably think twice before you do something like that again." Tears stung in her eyes and she continued looking down at her green hands. The bubbling had stopped though. Snape pointed his was at her and muttered an incantation under his breath, making her normal color return. There was a silence between them before she spoke.

"Can I stay at home tonight?" Snape eyed her for a while before he nodded.

It felt good sleeping in her own bed, with her own sheets. It wasn't before now she remembered how much she missed it. The thought of Millie and Phil not wanting to be her friends anymore played in her mind. She just wanted them to care about her. Why did they need to bring up her father all the time and talk about her life as though they knew everything? Tears stung in her eyes as she thought about it. She just wished they could be her friends without any questions asked.

There was a knock at her door and her head snapped up. Snape entered, still wearing is robes. In one hand he held the potions book he had been reading, a finger inside it, working as a book mark. Without words he sat down on the edge of her bed, his usual scowl between his eyes.

"I was harsh on you." He spoke. She just wished they could forget about it. Without her willing tears ran down her cheeks. "But I am not taking away your punishment."

"I hadn't expected it."

"I know." There was silent between them for a while before she spoke.

"Can I get a hug?" She stuttered, trying to keep the tears inside. Without words Snape pushed her against his chest and let her cry. "I was so stupid, I was so stupid. Why am I so stupid?"

"Just relax." He soothed.

"Everyone laughed of me."

"It will go over."

"But I am so stupid." Snape pulled away by her words and forced her chin to look at him.

"You are not stupid, just naïve."

"It's the same."

"No, it's almost the same." He corrected. "But there is a difference. Next time you will judge better. Now," He cleared his throat. "We can talk more about it tomorrow, when you come to me after class."

"You mean in detention." She stated, wiping her tears away.

A small, almost invisible smile played on her lips. "You can call it what you want. I expect you to be there after dinner. Don't be late. In the meantime you can figure out which potion you want to make as a little back payment." She smiled between tears mixed with long black hairs. "Now, get some sleep." Snape stated and got up, kissed her head and walked out of the room.

Bella tucked the covers over her head and sighed. She just had to get through the first day, that day was always the worst.

* * *