A Horrible First Day

Auroranossen on Twitter and Instagram - I will be posting illustrations!

"Good night Sir." She said before closing the door. The second she was alone, her small body sank to the ground and her arms encircled her knees. She cried herself to sleep that night, what if everyone hated her?

Little Bella was sitting in Dumbledore's office. Her biological father was standing next to her, with fury in his face. He had a bottle of liquor in one hand, the other one was turned into a fist. Threatening to punch her any second.

Bella was being expelled and the headmaster had contacted her father. "I hope this is the last I see of you." The man with silver hair spoke, with disgust in his voice.

"Please?" She begged, but it was too late. Within seconds her father was on top of her; chocking and slapping her face.

Bella let out a loud girlish scream before sitting straight up in her bed. Her body was shivering like crazy and her head was pounding. Her sheets were wet with sweat as was rest of her body.

She looked around in her silent bed room. Nobody was in the room. Her father wasn't there to punish her. She was safe. It took a while before she managed to relax.

She allowed herself to sink back into the beds warm comfort, but the second she closed her eyes the only thing she saw was her father's angry and disgusted face. She gasped and again sat straight up, her heart was panting. With that she abruptly got up and made her way towards the kitchen, in only her sleeping gown. No way she was going to close her eyes again, the image of her father was just too horrible. One single tear ran down Bella's face, but she wiped it away before it reached her mouth. She had to be strong, what would Snape think if he knew how she was acting? He would probably realize how weak she was.

Bella made her way to the kitchen as silently as she possible could manage and sat down in front of the large wooden table. It was still dark outside and Snape was probably asleep. Bella tried to stay awake the best she could, but it didn't take long before sleep took over her small body and she couldn't hold her eyes open anymore. With a sigh she used her arms as a pillow and closed her eyes.

Snape looked up from where he was sitting in the living room. He had fallen asleep in his arm chair and the only light in the room came from the shining moon through the window. He thought he saw something... He shook his head; maybe he was getting old? Yet suspicion was there and he made his way towards the kitchen. The sight of a sleeping figure met him. He was about to shake her shoulder and order her to go to bed, but his arm stopped inches away from her shoulder. 'No' He couldn't wake her; instead he lifted her up as gently as he could and carried her towards her bedroom. Bella's limp body was gently laid down on the bed and he tucked a blanket around her. Before he could stop he found himself kissing her forehead. "Sleep well Bella." He mumbled under before leaving in disbelief. Had he just done that?

Bella yawned and stretched a little. With the flicker of an eye she remembered last night's event. How did she get here? Oh no... Did she fall asleep at the kitchen table? What if Snape was angry with her? The thought of her nightmare becoming true were unimaginable. She heard footsteps coming closer and Bella closed her eyes, pretending to be asleep. She knew it was childish, but she was scared of his reaction. She could hear somebody enter and her heartbeat increased.

"Bella you have to wake up." She heard a voice say. Bella's small body turned around to look at the tall headed figure. He had a plate with some sandwiches in one hand and a cup of cocoa in the other. "Good morning Sir." She said politely. He didn't look angry... "Here, you should eat something, since you didn't eat last night." He handed her a plate of food and she took it.