Shrieking Shack

Auroranossen on Twitter and Instagram - I will be posting illustrations!

Bella had this big numb in her stomach, what had she done wrong? Was it because she was a mud – blood? Why had he gotten so angry? She was on the floor, cleaning up the milk and slightly shivering.

Snape had stormed out into his office and sighed heavily. He knew he couldn't let her stay at the Malfoy Manor, she would get killed! She must understand that Draco has a pure blood family, with very strict rules. Sighing he made his way towards his class.

Later on that night when Snape came home he found Bella in the living room, her head resting on her knees thoughtfully. He sat down and sighed heavily. "Are you mad?" She asked suddenly, making Snape look at her in surprise. "Why would I?"

"You were earlier." She answered, not looking at him, but at the floor. If you didn't know her, it would look like she thought carpets were really interesting, since she looked so much at them. "I am not mad."

"Then what is it?" She said, almost desperate. Snape couldn't form the exact words without hurting her and ended up closing and opening his mouth. Imitating a fish. It was like she had taken the words out of his mouth, when she cried out. "Is it because I am a mud – blood?" Snape exhaled and sighed. "Bella there is something you must understand-" He was broken off by the look she gave him and he just couldn't bring himself to continue. Instead he did a terrible mistake. "No it is not. You can go, since I have some business to attend to at the Manor anyway." Bella's face lit up like a Christmas tree. "Really?" She said. He nodded, giving her a little concerned smile. She jumped up and down before twirling her small arms around him. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!...D-Sir." She added the last part, almost slipping up. Luckily it didn't look like he noticed.

***

Bella together with the other students were sleeping in the Great Hall, the teachers were afraid that if Sirius Black wasn't captured they would have to send the children home. Bella was awake, but pretending to be asleep. She slept together with Harry and the others. They had actually become pretty good friends lately. Draco was together with pansy, but she didn't mind.

In reality she didn't think any of the other slept either. Snape and Dumbledore were speaking closely to where they were pretending to be asleep. "What about Potter, should he be warned?" She heard Snape say. "Not for now, but we should let him sleep, because in his dreams he is in his own world." Dumbledore replied. Dementors were around the school, looking for any flicker of the murderer.

A few days passed with no new news. They were sitting at the Gryffindor table talking, while doing homework. Draco was no near in sight so Bella stayed with them. Hermione, Ron and Harry looked depressed. "What is it?" Bella asked, seeing their looks. "Buckbeak is-" Ron was broken off by Hermione's nudge in the shoulder, telling him to shut up. "Buckbeak's what?" She asked and Harry answered. "Being executed" Hermione sent him a glare, which said he shouldn't tell a nine year old such things.

Hagrid had told Harry, Ron and Hermione that he didn't want them to watch, but they figured they should go and be there for him anyway. The only problem was Bella, they didn't want her to come. Not because that they didn't like her company, but it wasn't really appropriate for a kid to see an execution at the age of nine. Especially not a nine year old like Bella.

"I need to get to the library." Hermione spoke up during dinner. "I eh-need to do...something" Said Harry. "I'll help you." Ron spoke up and hurried after them. Leaving Bella behind. What were they up to? She tried to ignore it, but as she sat in Snape's headquarters she just couldn't stay away. Where they going to watch Buckbeak's execution? The nine year old as she was just couldn't keep still anymore and she did something she knew she would regret afterwards. Her fat-Snape was sitting in the living room. Reading a paper with a stern expression on his face. No chance he would let her go, at least not to an execution and especially not when a serial killer was at large.