Chapter fifteen.

Harry's P.O.V.

We were walking down the street as Selena popped the question I had been dreading her to ask me.

"Why did you do it? Did it m-mean anything?"

I had two options, either to lie or tell her my feelings.

"Uhm...not really, I'm sorry I guess I got caught in the moment..."

Truth is that she was my first kiss, as nerdy as this may sound to you it's 100% true. We stopped walking all of a sudden because she had stopped in her tracks causing me to stop as well.

Hurt, anger,and resentment flashed all over her face.

"So you mean after that I tell you that I like you, you go and tell me that the kissed we shared meant nothing?!?" She practically yelled in my face, grabbing attention from a few people passing us.

The tears started streaming down her face leaving me shocked. Who knew that lying could hurt someone this bad, well it's proven by me.

"I-I don't want to see you again soon Harry, don't even try calling me!" With that being said, her hand left mine making me feel empty inside. She ran off in the opposite direction leaving me standing there with a handful of people staring at me.

I slowly realized what had happened and looked down at my shoes. Just in a bit I would be getting ready to leave and audition to that X-Factor. Only if Selena knew that I was going to tell her tonight before leaving what I was going to make out of my life.

Life always kicks you in the butt...

***

"You done packing Harry?" Gemma burst into my room with a huge smile on her face.

"Yea...Just finished." I replied fishing for my phone and checking if I had any replies from Selena. Negative.

"Mum is waiting downstairs for you, let's go curly!" She laughed and ran out of my room leaving me to carry my bags down to our car.

Once inside, I leaned against the car door. Life for me sure did take a major turn.

Who knew I would ever be in a car leaving to audition on television. Who knew I would ever grow out of that geeky and nerdy faze. Who knew mum would drive me all the way to audition. Who knew...

Gemma was sitting across from me talking to someone on her phone, I could really care less now though.

Selena.

A beautiful girl I met months ago. A girl who changed me. A girl who showed me how to have a great time. A girl who my mum and sister also loved. A girl who I fell for. And the girl I let get away...

"You okay Harry?" Mum spoke up from the drivers seat causing my head to snap up.

"No..." I replied truthfully.

"What's up kiddo, what's bugging you?" She asked as she took a turn and just like that we were out of my hometown.

"It's Selena mum...I miss her."

"Why don't you call her? She can't stay mad at you forever."

"She hates me now...W-we kissed and I screwed up big time." 

From the corner of my eye I saw Gemma drop her phone and stare at me dumbfounded.

"You guys kissed?!?!" My sister screached.

"Y-yeah...and then she asked if the kiss meant anything a-and I was nervous so I replied with 'I was caught in the moment'." I looked down at my lap and played with my hands waiting for their reply.

It was silent for like a couple seconds until Gemma softly slapped my arm. "Are you crazy in the head Styles?!? That is the worst thing you cam possibly say to a girl who is clearly in love with you."

"I-I didn't know what to reply Gemma!" 

"You are going to call her this instant child." 

"She doesn't want to know about me anymore!"

"Just take out your phone and call her."

"Fine." I huffed reaching for my phone, I unlocked my phone and looked for her contact. Once I found it I pressed call and waited for her to pick up. After a few tries of going straight to voice mail I decided to give up.

"She doesn't answer me..." I turned towards my sister.

"I'll call her then." And just like she called Selena off her phone.

"How do you have her number?" I asked suprised.

"You know it's easy going into your phone when the password is Selena, buddy."

I rolled my eyes at her as she called my best friend or more like crush. My eyes lit up as I heard a voice on the other end.

"Hello?" Gemma spoke up.

They talked for a while, I could tell that Selena was crying on the other line of the phone which broke my heart even more.

Mum told me while they were talking that everything would be alright but deep in my gut I knew it wasn't.

More moments passed until my sister hung up not even giving me her phone so I could talk to Selena.

"You screwed up big time Harry..." Was what she said.

"W-what did she tell you?" I asked ansiously.

"Don't even bother calling her ever again, just don't." Mum stayed silent our whole conversation, probably because she didn't know what to do.

Wasn't my sister suppose to make things better between Selena and I? Apparetnly she couldn't because when I looked towards her, she had that same cold expression she wore when I  was a nerd.

She intimidated me again...Very bad, and that's how the rest of the car ride went.

Me crying, hurting all over, crying some more, and silence.

Silence.