Chapter two.

Selena's P.O.V.  

"Thanks again, my name's Selena by the way" I smiled politely, holding my hand out for him to shake. But all i got was a stare, i started to feel a bit embarrassed.  

"U-uhm i'll see you around." I smiled at him, nothing..again. I turned on my heel and turned the knob allowing me to open the door to my History class.  

"Ahh you must be Selena, is that right?" I heard my; i'm guessing History teacher asked. I turned my attention away from the ground and looked at the figure before me.   

"Yup, i'm Selena and i'm so sorry i'm late..." I said in a soft voice.  

"It's fine, we barely started" she smiled sweetly.  

"Thank you" i nodded, smiling back. She looked so young, maybe about late 20's or early 30's, she has long dark brown hair and glasses. She'll probaby be my favorite teacher, but i could be wrong.  

"There's a seat here up front and there's a sit there at the back by the window. You can sit wherever you want" She offered with the same smile she had plastered on her face earlier. I nodded in reply and walked to the very back.  

If i sit up front everyone would think i'm such a nerd, well i am. No i meant i was. I was the nerdiest girl from my previous school. I got picked on constantly. I hated myself for it, i still do nothing will ever change that.   

As depressing as this might sound, i self-harm. I used to cut everyday but now i lowered it down to once a week. Its hard to hide my scars, mostly because i'm an only child and my parents are over protective. My parents found out that i was being bullied so that's why we moved.  

My thoughts were interrupted when i heard, Ms. Jones call out my name.  

"Selena?...Ms. Gomez?"  

"Pardon?" I replied absolutely clueless.  

"Tell us about yourself" she smiled. I stood up and starts fumbling with my fingers, something i always do when i have to talk in front of other people.  

"Uh..hi, my name's Selena. I'm 15 and uhm..i moved here from the US just a couple of weeks ago...." I said in a soft voice, but loud enough for everyone to hear.  

"Thank you Ms. Gomez, you may take your seat now."  

I did as i said. I looked out the window and smiled slightly to myself, remembering what happened earlier. That guy...yea he's a nerd and so was i. All he need is a slight makeover. I wonder what his name is, what he was doing outside of class. Tons of questions raced through my head. I couldn't seem to get him off of my head.   

I want to know him, no. I need to know him.     

The bell rang for lunch? I guess. And i was the last one out the door...like always. I just suffered about an hour of Biology.   

"This thing is so heavy!" I muttered, groaning. I've been carrying this heavy backpack all morning, since i didn't have enough time to look for my locker. After about what seemed like forever i finally found my locker.   

"Oh finally" i mumbled opening it. I shoved my backpack in my locker after grabbing my lunch.   

I walked to the lunchroom looking for a vacant seat. But there isn't one. I decided to eat outside. I sat on a bench all alone, like always.   

"This year is going to be my year...I hope." I whispered to myself.