Chapter 11

Lilly sat, her gaze facing the flowing water in front of her. She sighed, and lowered herself to the ground. Why did you have to bring up Brownie, god dammit. It's hard enough having this weight in my chest. I didn't mean to, I wasn't controlling myself, it was like someone else was in control. He'll never understand though.

Lilly rose, and walked back towards the camp. Her shoulder was aching from the kick earlier in the day, and she trotted over to the medic's den.

"Star?"

"Oh, hmm?" Star turned towards Lilly, a few herbs laying at her feet.

"Do you have anything for my shoulder?"

"What happened to it?" Star came over to Lilly's shoulder nosing it slightly.

"Deer kick."

"Ahh, yes, I've got something here." Star walked over to her supply, and searched through the herbs, before grabbing one out and setting it in front of Lilly.

"What is it?" Lilly looked suspiciously at the green spiked leaf.

"Dandelion leaf, relieves pain, go ahead and eat it."

Lilly licked the leaf into her mouth, and chewed, "Gross." she swallowed.

"Only a little." Star laughed, "Do you know if you're going to go to the meeting?"

"Meet-" Lilly gagged a little, "Gah, that, leaf."

"You'll be fine, just something you get used to, anyways, are you going?"

"I didn't know we had one to be honest."

"You didn't know?"

"Nope."

"Do you want to go?" Star paused, "I could ask the alpha to bring you."

"I mean, I guess, probably best to know what's happening around us."

"I'll tell him, as for you, go get some rest, the dandelion should kick in soon."

Lilly turned, and headed for the den. She settled into one of the leaf piles, and rested her head onto her paws. Her shoulder pain started to wane slightly, as she fell asleep.