Chapter 7

"So, where are you taking me?" Lilly asked.

"Back to the pack of course!" He replied.

"But I have to find my brother!" She yelped.

He turned around, "You're coming with me!" He growled

Lilly shrank back, "Okay." She whimpered.

She sighed, following the wolf with her tail between her legs. They walked for a while, then Lilly broke the silence.

"What's your name?"

"Night... Why?"

"Oh, I just wanted to know what to call you."

"Your name?"

"Lilly."

"Cool, I forgot to ask, what happened to your leg?"

"Oh, I um.... chewed it off."

"Why would you do that!"

"You would do it if you were in the same situation!" Lilly said defensively.

"Hurry up, were almost there."

Lilly rolled her eyes and sighed. I only have three legs you idiot how fast do you think I'm going to walk. Lilly twitched her ear in the direction of a squirrel. That reminds me of how hungry I am. Lilly heard the leaves crunch under her paws, and the flapping of birds wings. She wished they were as close as Night made it seem.

"Were here." He barked.

Lilly took it in, there were so many wolves around, It looked like a little house, with tons of different rooms, but out in the open.

"Stay here, I'm going to get Alpha."

Oh no. Lilly watched Night trot off in the direction of one of the "rooms". What will he say? Will he attack me? Ugh, stop over reacting, it's probably nothing to worry about.

Lilly saw him emerge out of the "room" with a large muscular wolf following him. Night was walking with his head slouched and his tail dragging. Night sat down beside Lilly, and she shot him a nervous glance. The wolf loomed over her his brown cream fur ruffling in the wind.

"Why are you here?" The wolf questioned, and shot an angry glance towards Night. Lilly stood staring at him, her fur bristling and her tail falling down beside her legs. She swallowed.

"I won't ask again." He growled, "Why are you here?"

Lilly glanced nervously at Night, but he didn't meet her gaze. She gulped, "I jumped down a hill, near the edge of the town," She pointed her tail in the direction of the town, "I ran into Night and he brought me back here." She said glancing at Night for second.

"Night, why have you brought this mutt back here?" He growled at Night. Lilly felt her lip draw back and felt cold air hit her teeth.

"I... I, I.... I brought her back here so that she could join us..." Night said in a pathetic whimper.

"You want a mutt to join our pack!" He yelled at Night, and Night flinched. Other wolves were gathering around.

"Is this how you treat members of your pack!" Lilly snarled, her eyes narrowed as she stared into the wolves amber eyes.

"What are you going to say about it?" He challenged.

"Oh, this is what I've got to say about it!" She snapped, she leaped onto the wolf's back, she was not afraid as she knew Brownie would help her. She bit into his scruff, she then felt herself flung into the air, and the world swirled around her. She saw the worried face of Night, then she felt herself hit the hard ground and shrieked as the breath flew out of her. She was pushed onto her back, and saw the cream brown wolf standing over her. She gasped for air, struggling. She coughed, she felt her chest being compressed, and felt a terrible pain in her throat. She saw darkness swarm around her, surrounding her on all sides. She felt her lungs burning, then it all stopped.

"What are you doing here!" The black lab gasped.

"Where am I?" She questioned.

"For goodness sake you're dead!" He yelped.

"What!" Lilly shrieked. How could she be dead, she was alive just a second ago!

"We need to get you back!" he yelped.

"How!" She barked.

"Calm down Lilly." He said.

"Okay." She took a deep breath, trying to calm her beating heart.

"Sit down Lilly." Lilly sat down, she heard the Black lab walk to her, stars around his paws. He leaned closer, and pressed his nose to her forehead.

"Don't ever do that again Lilly."

"I hope I don't."

Lilly woke up, her breathing coming in short, harsh, gasps. "Your awake!" Night exclaimed his tail shooting up. She tried to respond, but she couldn't. Night stood over her, his tail wagging. He leaned down and nuzzled her. "I thought you had died." Lilly felt her heart stop, and felt Night's head pressed against her neck. She pressed her head into his fur, taking in his scent.

"And she would be if it wasn't for me." Lilly turned her head, and saw a white, brown speckled she-wolf standing with leaves near her paws.

"Thank you, Star." Night said thankfully.

"It's what I'm here for Night." She barked.

"Thank you Star." Lilly said hoarsely, a rasp in her voice.

"You should thank me." Star said sarcastically.

"And we do." Night said. "Come, Lilly, we must go get you trained."