Chapter OO2: See You Soon

Najee Miller

I'm going to miss you twinny." I said hugging my best friend Nasjay.

"I'm going to miss you too." I can hear the tears she was holding back I pulled away and took out a best friend necklace I brought her.

"This is for you" I gave her the necklace.

"I have one half and you have the other" I said to her

"I got you something to." she opened up her back pack and pull out a picture frame.

"For you" she handed the frame to me and I started tearing a

"Every picture of us that we both love since we first meet." I smiled and pull her into another hug...

"I love you best friend." I pulled away and looked at her and tears came from her eyes.

"Aww don't cry best friend" I wipe the tears from her face

"I can't help it I knew you since freshmen year... yeah we had our fights and went threw a time period where we stop talking... But you're my best friend and no one will replace it." I smiled

"You're my best friend too."

"Najee" I heard a male voice from behind me. I turn around and it was my basketball coach Mr. Chickery.

"Hey coach." I said really trying to hold back the tears.

"Najee, the girls, the boys and I want to show you something before you go." he said I wave to Nasjay to follow and we did in the gym.

"We going to miss you Najee." my team and the boys team yelled. I didn't hold them anymore and I let my tears flow. I wipe my face.

"I love you guys."They came running over to me and hug me until we fall on the floor.

"Alright people lets get this "We going to miss you" party started." Thomas from the boy's basketball team said. We got a slice of pizza a can of soda and sat in a circle and everyone said what their favorite moment with me. There are 16 girls 15 boys and 2 teachers.

"I would like to start" Nasjay said everyone looked her away

"It was the day we met. I was waiting for Richmond after school and when he finally came out you were there and he said Najee this is Nasjay and Nasjay this is Najee. We just looked at each other and we both said ohhh then we laughed. That's how you got stuck to me." we laughed

"I'm next" it was Ryan from the boy's basketball team

"My favorite moment is when you went to my other practice and everyone started dunking and I was the only one there not but you always had my back I love you Najee." he got up and bear hugged me. This went on for the next 30 minutes. Until the principal came in.

"How are things going guys?" he asked

"Everything is good, everyone is telling me what's there favorite moment about me." I said

"oh and you didn't ask me" we laughed our principle was really cool.

"Going ahead Mr. Parker."

"Alright my favorite moment would be when I retire your jersey number." I had a confused face

"But that's didn't happen?" It was more or less a question. He pointed up and I saw my jersey up there along side Mr. Chickery when he went to school here and some others."

"Wow you guys are the best... I wish I can stay and bring you guys other championship for the next 2 years." I looked down and started playing with my fingers trying to avoid all types of eye contact.

"Hey just be positive not everyone can say they're number one I their school number two in there state and number three in the country... just be happy." I smiled.

"here you go Najee" Mr. Chickery handed a green adidas. I opened it.

"We all chipped in." The boy named Will... he is a cutie, but I kept that to myself because I heard he gets around.

"A basketball I have like 3" I said confused

"Just look at it?" Destiny said I kept turning the ball and I saw 4 different signatures.

"Wait hold on... who sigh this ball?"

"D-Wade"

"Norris Cole"

"Kyrie Irving"

"and Dwight Howard"

"OMG HOW DID YOU GET THIS... OMG OMG!!!!" I fan girl like crazy... I love these 4 players

"Najee breath girl." Stephanie said to me.

"I'm sorry just how did you guys get this"

"Well the players were in a event close tho where I live so I ask him if they heard of you and they all said yes an I asked him to sign the ball for me." Mr. Chickery said. I ran over to him and hug him.

"your the best basketball coach I can ever have." I said to him. I pull away from the hug and we smiled.

"There many things in the bag." Nstuasha said. I picked up the bag and took out the rest of the stuff. There was a my jersey inside, a 50 dollar gift card to model's and a CD.

"That's on the CD?"

"Well there five of them... The first three CD are every game you played in since freshmen year to now." Mr. Marxist said

"and the other two CD are what JKO student body thinks of you."

"You guys make me feel special." I said

"Let take a picture before you go" Mr. Parker said. everyone gather around me and said cheese we took a few more pictures before I said my final goodbyes. I begin to process to leave the gym I looked back and saw them all waving at me.

"This is not a goodbye... This is I'll see you guys soon." and with that final thought I left the gym and met my mom in the office.

"How was your last day?"

"It's a day that's I will never forget!" my mom grab her bag and said goodbye to the office aid and we walk out of the Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis High School