ChapterO11:Oh So Sweet

Najee Miller ...

I wave to some my teammates before I went into the locker room.

"Hello?" I said.

"Good its empty." I said

I was happy. I had to take care of some business with my mom early this morning so I wasn't able to come to school. I told Coach Latimore Sunday night when his wife invited my mom, Dre and I over for dinner. Jacob saw that something was off and when he asked I refuse to say much. I let coach know that I was here ready and excited for the big game today. Coach Latimore said everyone going to be there. It's the third bigger event in the school. He explained. The first being the first football game of the season and then the boys' first basketball game. I sat in the locker room just thinking about exposing Dre to my mom. I can't break her heart, not after what she did been through with my dad.

She save me in her phone as bestie

But I got her screaming oh

Your girl wasn't suppose to text me

You wanna know how I know what I know

My phone rung and saw my Coach Chickery calling me. He's the person I need to talk to.

"Hello Coach."

"Hey Najee, you wanted me to call you?"

"Yeah..." I trail off.

"What's wrong Jay?" He asked, I kept quiet.

"Are you nervous about your first game?" He ask.

"Yeah, coach like part of the starting five don't even like me."

"Woah, Jay when did you ever care about that?"

"I know but like idk..." I said

"Najee how much do you love basketball?"

"Coach what type of question is that? You know how much I love basketball."

"Exactly, so why are you worry about some girls who don't like you, yeah they may try to throw you off a bit but once they really see how great of a player you are. I'm pretty sure they would like the chip as much as you do so they would have no choice but to respect you on the court and let you help them win."

"Yeah you right coach."

"Coach we gonna be late for the game." Someone said in the background, it sounded like Nasjay

"OK Jay, and Jee we believe in you OK. The whole team believes in you."

"Najee you in here?" Someone asked

"Yeah, what's up?" I answer back.

"The other team is here, so coach wants to give them the locker room and for us to warm up." She said

"Iight I'll be out in a second." And I continue my conversation with coach.

"Thank you coach for the talk I needed it. I wish you guys were here to watch me play tonight, I have to go I have to warm up."

"GOOD LUCK JEE, WE MISS YOU" my old basketball teammates yell through the phone.

"Thanks, I miss y'all too. Bye!"

"BYE!" we hung up the phone.

I placed my stuff in my locker before heading out. When I was out the locker room I saw people coming in to watch the game. I saw my team warm up and I saw Coach Latimore talking to I'm guessing the coach for the other team. I walk over to my team to warm up.