chapter 17: Six months of pregnancy

I still can't believe the father is Casey... I knew he was the only one I didn't use protection for my first time but it was a long time ago. The only solution is that we fucked at the party while we, or at least I, were drunk. I'm completely lost, I don't know if I have to tell him the new about the baby. Will he be happy or will he freak out? Knowing him, he will probably freak out and tell me how I'm such a monster but a part of me hoped that he would accept it.

My mother and my sister are really happy about it. They don't seem to mind that our father, my mother's husband, left because of me. I'm glad they accept me the way I am but I hate the fact I broke our family...

Six months of pregnancy... Yep. It's now impossible to hide my belly to the others. My mother called the school to explain them the situation, they seem ok with that but I can see they are uncomfortable when I walk into their classroom. For the students, it's different... Most of them don't care which is perfect for me but a few students make my life a living hell. They don't hit me the most of the time and when they do it, they hit my head or my legs... The worst is Aiko. He doesn't hit me but his words hurt a lot. I feel like a monster... I try not to think about it because I know stress is not good for the baby but I don't know how much I can take until I explode.

I'm thinking about being home schooled. It would be the best for me and the baby. Waking up at 7 a.m when you're a teenager is not easy but when you're pregnant is worst.

"How are you today baby brother?" Yasmine asked me with a smile as she brought me a tea. She sat next to me on the comfy bed.

"I'm... Tired. I'm not going at school today; I just want to sleep forever." I groaned before taking gladly the tea from her hands.

"Well, drink this then you can sleep. Call me if you need anything. I'll be in my room working on my new project." She said with a smile before leaving the room.

I drank the tea slowly, savoring every gulp before putting the empty cup on the desk and going back into my bed falling asleep slowly without any thoughts. I was woken up by a knock on my door. I groaned, letting my head falling back on the white, fluffy pillow. Yasmine came into my room and gave me a worried look.

"Someone wants to see you..." She mumbled, clearly embarrassed.

"Who?" I asked raising an eyebrow. I couldn't think about someone who would like to see me. It's not like I have any friends...

"Casey... He's waiting downstairs." She mumbled, one of her hand on her neck. She was waiting for my reaction.

"Casey?! What does he want?!" I asked in a high-pitched voice. I couldn't believe this, it was just a nightmare, a fucking bad nightmare.

"He's worried about you, and apparently he heard some rumors ab..." She didn't have the time to finish her sentence that we heard steps in the stairs. He was coming... I pulled the blanket over my belly in panic, I couldn't escape. Yasmine looked at me with a sorry look before letting Casey enter.

"Hey... It's been a long time... How are you? Have you been sick?" Casey asked me with a frown, he looked worried about me.

"I'm... I'm fine... I... Just..." I signed. I had to tell him the truth, it was also his baby. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "I've something to tell you, sit down and promise me you will not freak out."

Casey looked at me, worry all over his face. He sat on the edge of the bed, staring at me with a frown. He was waiting for me to start speaking.

"So... I... You know the day at the party... I've slept with someone else and I didn't know who it was... Well, I don't know if you remember but... I slept with you..." I stopped to look at him; his face was blank showing no emotions.

"That's what I thought even if I was not sure.." He mumbled, passing a hand in his hair.

"We didn't use condoms that day... And... Just look." I said removing the cover from my belly. It was impossible to deny that I was pregnant. Casey's eyes widened as big as if he would have seen an alien.

"Are you fucking kidding me? You're a dude! That's... That's impossible!" He said in a trembling voice.

"You... You can touch you know, you will see it's true. I've felt him yesterday when he moved..." I whispered with a smile as I remembered the first time I felt him. I lifted my T-shirt before putting my hand on the bump.

"Can I... Can I touch?" He asked me, his hands were shaking.

I nodded and he put his hand on my stomach slowly. His cold hand touched the bump, I took his hand in my own and moved it where I felt him move a few moments ago.

"Here, you will feel him." I whispered with a smile. I loved the moments when I could feel him, it was just magic.

His eyes widened when he felt him and he removed his hand quickly.

"This... This is completely insane! Does that mean that I am the fucking father?" He said in a loud voice, standing up in from of me. He was completely panicked. I nodded feeling incapable of saying anything.

"Oh my god... Oh my god... I'm... I didn't want that okay? I didn't want you to end up like that... I'm sorry. I just... I didn't know you could be pregnant! Guys aren't supposed to be..." He rambled as his body began to shake.

"It's not your fault... I didn't know either. But when I learnt that I was pregnant I just couldn't... I wanted to keep him. You know, it's a baby boy." I said in a calm voice whereas I was completely panicked in the inside.

"I'm sorry Mika, I really like you but I'm not ready to be a father. Maybe one day but not now." He said as he left the room. I heard the door slamming shut a few seconds later, he was gone.

At this moment I knew I lost Casey forever. I also knew Jamel would never see his father.