Chapter 20: This isn't fair

"
Russell? What... What are you doing here?" I asked fear in my voice; a shiver went through me as I remembered all the bad memories.

"I... Mmh... I came here to apologize..." Russell mumbled as he passed a hand into his light, short, blond hair, looking anywhere but me. I frowned, waiting for him to explain why he was apologizing and why he was there. "I'm sorry for bullying you... You know, now high school is over and I thought about all these years and I realized that I was too harsh with you.. But I was stupid... And really confused..." He mumbled, whispering quickly the last part with a slight frown. He seemed in deep thoughts.

"Why?" I asked in a small voice. He may be the man who bullied me all this time, the one who made my life so hard that I almost killed myself, but I wanted to know why he did all this. I wanted to understand, I needed it, then I would be able to really move on and forget this part of my past.

"I... I may have had a small crush on you..." He murmured as a slight blush appeared on his cheeks making him look vulnerable and cute.

"W... What?! H... How? I... I don't understand..." I stuttered, eyes wide in shock. Wow, I really didn't expect that!

He opened his mouth but he was cut off by Jamel who began to cry a little. I looked at my baby and I stroked his cheek gently, trying to calm him down so he could go back to sleep.

"Is... Is it your baby? So, the rumors were true?" Russell asked behind me.

I nodded without looking at him. What was I doing with Russell? He shouldn't be there. I heard some noises and felt him behind me, his hot breath on my neck.

"He's beautiful... Just like you. What's his name?" Russell asked me in a whisper which made me involuntarily shiver.

"His... His name is Jamel..." I mumbled silently, looking at him from the corner of my eyes. I couldn't understand why his comportment toward me changed that much.

Once Jamel was sleeping peacefully, snoring quietly, I finally faced Russell.

"What do you want Russell?" I asked in a frown.

"I... Mmh... I was wondering if... Do you... I would love to be your friend." He blurted out, biting his lips worryingly.

"Why? Why now? I really can't understand you, Russell." I told him with a frown.

"Michael... I wish I could erase the past. I was stupid and you can't imagine how much I regret what I've done..." He sighed looking at the colorful floor.

"I really want to believe you but... I need time, okay? It just... So many things happened... I need a break..." I murmured, looking at Russell right in the eyes.

He only nodded and left the room quietly, giving me a last smile. If someone would have told me that Russell would come and tell me he's sorry about everything he did to me, I wouldn't have believed it. But now...

For the first time, I smiled. It was a real smile, not a fake one as I used to do. Maybe my life will be better from now on. Yep. Maybe. With these thoughts, I made my way toward the kitchen, the smile still on my face.

"So, what happened?" My mother asked me with a marvelous smile.

"Nothing... He just... I just heard what I wanted." I replied, giving her a true smile.

♂+♂=♥

*Three years later*

"Jamel, come here! We're going to be late!" I screamed as I was waiting in the corridor of my house. Yes, my house. I moved out a few months ago in a small cozy house, not too far from where I was before.