Valentine's day

2/14/27

Description:

It's Valentine's Day for our favorite AoT characters. What more can you need?
«»«»«»

Levi:

Valentine's Day. A day to show how much you love your partner. It's so fucking cheesy. The way everyone pressures you to do something special for the one you love and if you don't have anyone, you're basically shunned for the day. I'm not usually the kind of person to be involved in these shit parties, so when I crossed onto the school property with a rose and box of chocolates, it was different.

Hanji came running up to me, "Hey, Levi, so when I got here- what's that?" He eyes wondering eyes landed on the gifts.

"It's nothing," I say as I walk through the crowd if students, some giving Valentine's to others and some hugging of kissing. No matter what, I still find it disgusting.

"No way that," she says pointing to my hands, "is nothing. Come on, Levi. Tell me! Is it for your sweet little Valentine?" I look down as my cheeks heat up at her words. I guess you could call him sweet, but definitely not little. Eren is a fucking giant, with really pretty eyes and messy hair and a great personality. He probably got tons of gifts- "Ooh so it is! Levi's got a crush!" She starts yelling as I sit down at our table under the cherry blossom tree. I cover my face with my hands as she starts her interrogation.

"Who is she, Levi? What's she like. She just be really special if you got her a rose and chocolate. I bet she's taller than you. Oh, are you nervous? I would be dying if I had to give the person I liked a Valentine. So who is it, Levi? I know who it is, it's that girl that's always hanging around us- oh what's her name? You know the one with the light brown eyes and strawberry blond- Petra! I bet it's Petra." She continues her rant about who my Valentine could be when my eyes drift over to where Eren and his friends sit.
He's surrounded by girls with cards and balloons and everything along those lines. He wears a big smile as he accepts each one and my heart races. Even I get the courage to give it to him, he won't care. He's got all those others anyway. I sigh and place my head in my arms. I can't do it. Levi Ackerman has a crush but not enough courage to admit it. What a shame.

The table dips a but as Erwin sits down next to me. Hanji continues her rant. "What's her problem?" He asks.

"I've got a Valentine for someone and she's trying to find out who," I fill him in. His eyebrows go up but other than that his face stays the same. I swear if it weren't for those two caterpillars on his forehead, he would be as emotionless as me.

"That's right, Erwin! Our little Levi is all grown up!" She yells with her hands in the air. "WHO IS IT, LEVI? JUST TELL ME ALREADY!" My eyes widen and I lean back in shock. I shouldn't be though, this is Hanji we're talking about. Quickly, I gain my composure and sit back up.

"Well you got most of that wrong," I say. She throws her hands down on the table, glaring at me.

"What do you mean I got it wrong?" Hanji rarely gets things wrong so this feeling must be new to her. I shrug and pick at my nails, sending her off on another one of her anger induced rants. My eyes flick over to Eren again. Oh god how do I do this?

Fuck it.

I jump up from the table, surprising Hanji to silence. "You might want to watch this, it's gonna be interesting," I say as I walk towards Eren. With each step I take, the courtyard gets quieter. Soon, when I'm three feet from Eren and his back is turned to me, the only sound is his laugh, and it's heaven.

I take a deep breath and tap his shoulder. He spins around with a smile on his perfect face. The smile soon turns confused when his green eyes lock with my grey ones. I've never talked to him more than in class. After a second of us just staring at each other, I look to the ground and extend my arm with the rose and chocolates. Blush covers my face and I hear some gasps from around us.

He doesn't take it. He didn't take it. After a few seconds with my arm extended, I gain the courage to look up. He looks... like the whole thing is above him. He doesn't care, just like I said. "Eren, will uh... Will you be my Valentine?"

"Levi..." he whispers. He looks like he wants to continue but doesn't know what to say. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing, but my heart says that it's bad. He doesn't take it. My eyes snap away from him and my arm falls. Tears brim my eyes. I didn't think a stupid brat would be able to do this to me, but he did.

I keep my eyes trained in the ground as I walk away. Away from the pain, away from the laughter, away from the teasing and bullying that was sure to follow, and away from Eren. How could I have been so stupid to just give my heart out like that? I sniff and wipe the tears with my sleeve. Opening the door to the school, I find myself alone in the quiet halls.

My eyes find a lone trashcan in a corner of two hallways. I look at the Valentine in my hands. Well, nobody wants this anyways. My feet find their way to the can and the rose and chocolates find their way on top of all the other trash. I wipe my tears and take a deep breath. I lean with my back against the wall and slowly slide down. I was so stupid to think that someone so beautiful would accept a Valentine from someone so rejected like me. From the end of the hallway, I hear the front doors slam open and feet padding towards me.

I expect it to be Hanji, coming to fangirl or some shit. I lay my head in my hands and prepare for her scream. All I get is a shuffling sound and a warmth next to me. And silence. "Go away, Erwin," I guess, considering that there isn't any screaming. "I'm not in the fucking mood."

"Wow, you already forgot my name. I didn't think you'd do that to someone you were asking to be your Valentine," the warmth says. Eren. I peek through my hands. Oh god. There he is. What's he doing? He rejected me, isn't that embarrassment enough? "Though I understand why you would. I embarrassed you."

I stay silent, taking in his presence. His eyes are looking down the hallway and he bites his lip, which is sexy as hell, I must say. The morning light hits his green eyes perfectly.

"I understand that you don't want to talk, so at least listen. I sent the wrong message. I didn't mean to make it look as if I was disgusted or anything. I was just... surprised. A good surprise. Look, Levi, I never in my wildest dreams thought that you would ever like me or even notice me. So when you handed me the Valentine, I was shocked.... But I'm glad you did. Because it gives me a reason to do this without being questioned," he says, finally turning to meet my eyes that still peak out from between my fingers. I furrow my eyebrows, fully taking in what he's said.

He reaches out and pulls my hands away from my face, pulling me closer to him. I can feel his breath on my cheek and his large hands on the small of my back. We sit in the floor, him holding me and I holding my legs. It's not the most comfortable position, but I'm gonna take whatever I can get. I breathe in his scent, pinecones and vanilla. He tilts my head up with his finger so that his breath now hits my lips. I practically twitch with anticipation. Is he really going to- oh please do.

He does. He kisses me. His lips lock with mine and my hands trail to his hair. I can't forget about what happened in the courtyard, but I can only think about right now. All too soon, he pulls away. Our foreheads rest against each other.

"Why did you... why didn't you take the Valentine?" I whisper.

"I was afraid it wasn't real," he answers.

Sorry this was crappy. I got distracted by the fanfics.