Once a Teacher's Pet (PG-13)

I apologize for any wrong words in French, I don't speak the language, though I'm learning, and will be using Google Translate. Sorry for any mistakes.

3/1/17

Description:

Eren is a goody-two-shoes, but prefers to be called a teacher's pet. He's the typical nerd and he's always been the teacher's favorite. But this all changes when Mr. Rivaille becomes his teacher. Eren will do anything he can to keep his status as teacher's pet.

«»«»«»

Eren:

I'm going to tell you something, life is shit. I learned this early on, sadly. I'm envious of those who got to go through their childhood without knowing this. What I went through made me who I am today. It made me stiff and hard working. It made me realize how hard you have to work, how serious you have to be to make it somewhere in this world. Life is shit, and we're the ones who have to clean it up.

As one of the people who has to clean this shit up, I take it very seriously. The only thing is, not many other people do. I get bullied for it. For being too determined, too serious, too prepared for life. It doesn't bother me so much any more. When I was younger, I would cry because of it. I would mourn for my childhood, but it didn't matter because it didn't change anything. Now, I stand up for myself.

I guess most people would call me a nerd. But I'm not smart enough for that, I'm not quiet enough either. I'm loud and opinionated about almost everything. But I get my work done and have good grades. So I guess 'nerd' isn't the right word. More like... teacher's pet.

Yeah that's what I am. I get along with the students, sure. But they don't take this seriously enough. They don't understand that what you do now, effects the outcome of your entire life. I don't want to mess that up. So I tend to do my work, speak my voice, and get advice from the teachers. I'm comfortable with them. I mean, they do know how the real world works and it is their job to prepare us for it.

From the first day of third grade, when everything went to shit, I've been the teacher's pet. Until Mr. Rivaille came along.

«»«»«»

"I hear there's a new teacher. He's taking Mrs. Tully's place while she has her baby," Armin says as we walk down the busy hallway. "Everyone from first period was saying how cool, hot, and strict this guy was." I roll my eyes at that.

The girls always think the guy teachers are hot, even the old ones. It's kinda gross. But for him being strict, it's only because these stupid people don't know how to act. If you act properly and do your work, the teachers don't have problems with you. But these people haven't figured that out yet.

"What's his name?" I ask him. We weave through the crowd of people, reaching our second period: French, where our new teacher is.

"Mr. Rivaille," Armin says as I push the door open.

"What is it, brat?" A deep voice comes from the empty room. My head snaps to where it comes from; a short raven man, with a fierce expression that doesn't quite reach his eyes. This must be Mr. Rivaille. Let me just say, hot damn.

He wears grey skinny jeans, a white dress shirt, with a black vest and blue tie. His hair is in an undercut that just so happens to frame his sharp jawline perfectly. His eyes, oh hell his eyes. They could pierce through your heart with one sharp look.

"Um... I was just telling... Eren w-who our new teacher was," Armin stutters through the explanation. Mr. Rivaille's eyes sweep over my body, head to toe, and I might be imagining it, but I saw a smirk splayed across his face for a brief second.