Garden ♣

hey guys!! i know i uploaded a bit early but i wanted to give you somthing short to chew on This chapter is a little different from the others and a tad bit shorter, since it only has Bella in it. so sorry if your dissapointed, but i felt like i had to give her a chapter with some alone time. i hope you enjoy!

dont forget to comment, vote, and fan me !! thenx a bunch!:}

here we go!!!!

After Chris left I folded up his mattress and tidied up a little. Going downstairs, I sat on one of the chairs around the island and glanced at the large clock above the stove, and grimacing when I saw that the time was already twelve. As you know I am an early riser, I guess I just slept well last night. I walked over to the fridge and grabbed a glass of orange juice to freshen me up, also placing a slice of toast in the toaster. Even though for me twelve is late, the rest of the household clearly thinks otherwise.

I waited for my toast to jump, and let the silence of the house surround me. My thoughts took over my mind, and I think I was sitting there for a while.

The toast jumped, and I was so taken aback that I screamed slightly and fell off the tall seat, obviously earning myself a bruise on my poor butt. Groaning, I stiffly got to my feet with a grunt and walked over to take my toast.

Spreading some peanut butter and strawberry jam all over the slice, I took a big bite and chewed vigorously until I swallowed.

After I finished my small breakfast I plodded up the stairs and into my room. I looked out of the window to the back garden. At the thick bushes that lined it, all scattered with small flowers, as if someone just came up to them and splattered paint all over. I looked at the tall trees that were placed at random spots, and the vague path that went through the whole garden in a wiggly line. In every single spot of the wild garden grew flowers of all sorts and various type of plants the names of which I never knew.

As I was looking at the garden I suddenly had an urge to go down and walk through it.

So I made my way to the back door and swung it wide open to reveal our family’s privet little park. I hopped down the three small steps and started to walk through the path, as I did so I tried to remember the last time I had been down here but didn't succeed.

I had been walking for about five minutes when I came across a clump of bright pink and white flowers, their petals the shapes of small hearts. I picked one and placed it gently in my hair, and kept walking. As I had gotten older I had forgotten how big this garden was. Basically, when my parents bought the house, they decided to also buy the piece of deserted land that was behind the property -besides the actual garden- since my dad liked gardening and my mum always wanted a quiet place to relax outside. If you ask me it's kind of unrealistic, that your garden takes twenty- five minutes to walk through. Yeah, you heard me- twenty- five minutes, normally someone else’s garden would take like maximum twenty steps to get from one end to the other, but ours is gigantic.

I came to a little area that was sheltered with green trees, and decided to sit down for a while.

As I plumped myself onto the soft grass i realized that this was the place I had always come to when I was younger. With my brother, and we used to play hide and seek, oh and my father had given us an old cabinet to store all our 'finds' in. I looked around to try and spot it, and gasped in delight to see that it was exactly were it had always been, - leaning against the tree in the middle of the clearing.

I padded over to it and, as if afraid of what I might find eased it open with a loud creak. I grinned so broadly at the sight that I swear I thought someone had stuck a hanger in my mouth.

The broken pieces of china, patterned plates, dried flowers, playing cards that we had found scattered all over the soil nearby, my old doll, and even James’s silly stick collection. i kneeled down beside it to take a look at all the treasures and memories, only to find a whole lot of other things piled high in the cabinet. Whilst uncovering the things, I suddenly remembered that my brother and I had only ever walked as far as this clump of trees and I have no idea why.

I think I sat there for something like an hour, just looking through all the stuff and sometimes just wondering around.

I finally stood up and carried on down the path, making a silent promise to come back to our secret hide out. I went deeper and deeper the lovely jungle, to see more and more marvellous things. And when I came to the end I saw a small clearing, obviously meant for chilling. The space was covered in blankets and outside pillows and sofas that had that old but incredibly homey feeling to them and a massive stone wall was behind all of it. And a small white- washed bench stood to the side in front of a tall willow tree. It was beautiful, that was literally the only word for it.

As I walked closer, and sat on one of the big pillows I leaned back on another, and with a start, felt a dip in the lower part of my back. Turning cautiously around I moved the pillow to the side and my eyes widened with shock, to see a tiny door that was big enough I guessed to crawl through.

I was instantly curious, and reached for the silver doorknob. I pulled gently afraid that I might pull the thing off, and was extremely disappointed to find that it was locked. It wasn't that surprising really, just a little annoying.

I hunched my shoulders and looked to the ground. I started picking at the grass and weeds that lined the area, slowly and subconsciously digging into the damp soil.

I only realized what I was doing when my hand was almost two feet into the ground and my fingers touched something cold and hard. I dug a little further until a shape came to form, and I pulled it out excitedly- I was so surprised that my own garden was this exciting!- and grinned widely when I saw it was a small key.

No littler then my pinkie it was, but incredibly pretty. With some kind of flower engraved at the top and a word written under it, in a language I didn't recognise.

With a jolt I remembered that this was immensely alike to the scene in the 'secret garden' were Marie finds the key to the door, which was one of my favaraite books of all time when I was little. I chuckled at the irony of the situation, but quickly switched back to reality.

I fingered the key for a while, not completely sure if I wanted to try it in the little doors lock, when i finally built up the courage to do it.

I shifted into a comfortable position on my knees, flipping my hair back from my face- just for the dramatic effect- and put the key in the lock.

You know in movies when a character is getting ready to do something really dramatic, and when they finally do it, everything goes smoothly and the big surprise that you know is going to happen, happens? Well in reality it goes nothing like that.

As I pushed the key in, I took a deep breath , for what reason? I don’t have a clue. And when I tried to turn it, nothing happened. I tried again, but I had the same result.

For a while I twisted it and turned it until finally it gave a horrible screech and I cringed at the sound it had made.

The key finished it's one- eighty turn, and gave a low click. I squealed and took out the tiny key, - for some reason I decided to bury it back in the ground- and pulled the tiny door open with one swift motion.

My eyes widened with shock when I saw.....

Sorry for the cliff hanger i wanted to cause some suspense, and i guess you'll have to wait and see what Bella finds in a weeks time! hehehe!!!

dont forget to comment and vote and fan!! thenx alot guys!!! ♥♥♥