Tallis

Anna-Marie

Anna-Marie

I watched as Licas walked away from us, Kendan was pouting watching his back but Licas was walking with a purpose.

I sighed turning back to my coffee, which apparently was very addicting. Maybe being addicted to something is what I needed, though, and coffee wouldn't leave me; well hopefully it wouldn't. It was bitter though so maybe that is the downfall to being addicted to something.

Kendan had taken to Licas' siblings well. Misha seemed quite taken with him. But the way Marie's eyes shone when Misha played with Kendan really struck me. She looked so in love with him, it threw me off my feet. They are what, 14? What do they know what love is? But then again they're quite old.

They explained to me how they aged. They grew normally until they were about 12 or 13, and that's when they started to slow down. They said everyone was different Rein slowed when she was 12, Misha when he was 11, and Marie when she was 13. They wouldn't tell me when Licas stopped aging so I ceased to pushing for it. After they slowed in aging it would take 20 years for them to age a regular year until they turned 18, and then they regularly aged ever 30 years.

They had to really think about their ages, though, they said that they don't really care much for birthdays or keeping up with their ages; which makes sense for how old they are.

Basically, they summed it up that they barely age, they look youthful, and that they live until they die the three ways Licas had told me last night.

The steam rising up from the cup soothed me. Hearing Kendan's laughter I glanced over at him, not able to do anything but smile. Misha had him now and was throwing him in the air before catching him. He was loving it from his high-pitched giggles and screams.

I didn't notice it but Marie had moved closer to me as the siblings played with their nephew. She gently spoke as to not ruin the moment in front of us. I turned toward her as she started to speak.

"Don't go too hard on him." I tilted my head to the side as she began. "Licas, he's been alone for 700 years. He's been waiting for you. He's watched people die around him, and he's also watched people fall in love while he was being deprived of it himself. So don't go too hard on him, and give him a chance." She smiled before she kept going. "He's coming now; we will watch Kendan; don't worry about him just make things right between the two of you." She softly ran her hand down my arm, gently squeezing my hand before going beside Misha.

Speak of the devil, Alana came rounding the corner of the long hallway first before Licas followed. She was wiping away a tear that had fallen down her cheek. Furrowing my eyebrows, I turned back to the counter taking the last gulp of coffee before moving to meet Licas' stare.

He stood out of the view of Kendan's sight, not wanting to make him upset again and jerked his head back, wanting me to follow that way. Looking over to Kendan quickly I saw that he was preoccupied I slipped away.