Tallis

Chelsea

Chelsea

"Oh." She said shocked. "Well, I guess this is what Licas was going to tell me about." Suddenly the water turned off though as Licas disappeared into the walk-in shower.

"Don't mind me." The random woman said as she hopped off of the counter sticking her hand out to me. "I'm Rein, Licas' younger sister." My mouth gaped open and I blushed slightly.

"Tallis," I told her putting my hand in hers.

"I suppose you and the little one were what Licas wanted to tell me about." I raised my eyebrow, but both of our attentions turned when we heard a squealing Kendan who was bouncing in a very wet Licas' arm.

I gulped, probably audibly, as I took in Licas' body as he had a towel wrapped around his lower half and holding a wet Kendan with him as well.

"Uh, he kinda just ran in and got soaked," Licas said, almost as if he was sheepish.

"It's alright," I told him as I stood still in my spot beside Rein.

He rubbed the back of his head. "So uh, let me just get dressed and then I will talk with you both." I nodded looking between the both of them. I moved forward going to take Kendan from Licas before he stopped me by saying. "No, it's ok, I got him. You already had him dressed and everything. I will get him."

I nervously bit my lip as I looked at him. "Are you sure." He just nodded, sure of himself. "Alright," I said moving out of the bathroom, seeing Rein was already in the other room sitting on the couch that had a window view.

"Plus I can dry his hair right so it won't be frizzy." He grinned teasingly as he shut the door behind me.

My jaw was slacked as I looked at the door flabbergasted. Sure maybe Kendans hair was a little frizzy, but that wasn't my fault he was cursed with a mother whose hair texture was nothing like his own.

"Oh man, the two of you are perfect for each other." Rein giggled. "You both have so much fire inside of you." She smiled looking over at me before patting the seat beside her.

I moved over and sat down beside her. "So I'm guessing that is my nephew?" She questioned twirling her hair around her finger.

"I would assume so if you are Licas' sister," I told her keeping my guard up, still not trusting this woman.

"You have a fire but you also have a wall;" She grinned cheekily. "My brother is going to have to work on bringing that down." She confessed and i just stared at her curiously.

She took a deep breath of air as she closed her eyes, she tensed up though and tilted her head to the side looking at me curiously. "You're not one of us, though." She said it in a statement, she knew that i wasn't.

She pursed her lips, her face was guarded now, masked, "Has the child shown traits of being one of us?" She questioned, almost as if she were testing me wanting to know my answer, leaning closer. I could see the greenish tint that her blue eyes held.

"Does it honestly matter whether he is or not?" I questioned, my eyes narrowing. Why do all they care about is an heir for this pack? Can they not be human or would that be too much to ask for.

"Either way he will be a wolf one way or another, just like you." Furrowing my eyebrows, I went to ask her what she meant but didn't have a chance to as Licas and Kendan came into the room again.

Licas had a pair of pajama pants on, similar to the ones I was wearing, as Kendan had on a new diaper. His hair did look better, to be honest, it was in coiled curls all over his head. Rein squealed and bounced over to Kendan swiftly taking him from Licas' arms. I stood up opening my mouth but snapped it shut when he laid his head down on her shoulder and closed his eyes.

Rein smirked at Licas as if to say to him, 'I told you so.' She started walking to the door with Kendan in her arms. I could feel my eyes widen on their own as I took a step towards them. Licas' voice stopped me, though. "Tallis, he will be okay." Which got Reins attention as she turned towards us and noticed I had made a move in her direction.

"If he gets too much then just bring him back, okay?" She opened her mouth to say something, but a sharp look from Licas made her close her mouth and nod, giving me a smile.

When she left the room though, I turned to Licas. "We need to talk," I told him pursing my lips.

Four words. Twelve letters.

And we've already said them to each other more than I would have liked. He wasn't telling me things; I knew it from when he was telling me about the Lycans. When he was telling me about Kendan and our future children. He was lying about something.

"Rein opened her big mouth didn't she?" He groaned as he went and sat down on his two-person love seat.

"Something like that." I cut it short while going to go sit in an arm chair.

"What did she say so I know where to start?" He questioned and immediately grimaced after he said it, quickly trying to recover he rushed out. "Wait, I didn't mean it like that Tallis."

I gave out a short, bitter laugh. "Yeah, okay. How about you start from the beginning, and actually tell me the truth rather than lying again." He sighed through his nose, leaning overlaying his head in his hands.

"You wouldn't have come with me if I told you the truth." He uttered under his breath, and I had just barely caught it from where I was sitting away from him.

"So what do you think would stop me from leaving now?" I questioned, suddenly becoming angry.

"You won't go now; our bond is stronger. Whenever I touch you, I can feel glimpses of your emotions. It'll just get stronger from here on out." He explained while kneading his forehead.

I was silent for a minute as I tried gathering my thoughts. "Can you please just tell me the truth?" I asked getting agitated. With a mix of being tired and sick of not knowing the truth of him and being lied to. I started to feel like we were getting closer but this just brought us back to how we were when we first met. Its two steps forward and four steps back with him.

And it pissed me off.

"I don't want you to be angry with me." He started off, and I interrupted him.

"I'm already angry." I bit out, not staring at him but rather his long curls.

Why do things have to be difficult?