Tallis

Alana

Alana

The ceremony was this afternoon, people were preparing as Alana and Tivon were separately being prepared. It took a few days to whip this into shape as we were on a deadline. Robert was still missing, after the ceremony the community was leaving to Licas' pack. Licas was going a bit crazy, though; he didn't feel that Kendan or I were safe, and whenever one of us left from his sight he went a tad crazy.

-

Like yesterday Kendan had toddled off when he saw some of the toddlers his age to go play. Licas was making arrangements with his pack about where everyone is going to go and how we are going to get there. He wanted Alana to relax and just focus on the big day, but she wouldn't have any of it. She was the Beta and she had a place in the pack to uphold; I think that my respect grew for her that day. I was busy making finishing preparations for the rituals, while also dealing with preparations on my end for the move of the community. Kendan was still in my eyesight and surrounded by other mothers who were in charge of the children, but Licas was farther behind me; Kendan moved out of his vision.

He didn't notice it at first, but suddenly his seat flew back as he stumbled up swiveling his head around, his nose flaring. He started screaming Kendan's name, I had swiftly excused myself from the table and intersected Licas' charging path as he tried to find our son.

I felt myself get sucked back into the memory. I laid my hand on his chest, stopping him in his tracks. "Licas, Hun. Stop. What is wrong?" I questioned looking at him concerned. We had grown closer these past few days, connecting. Now what we are supposed to be as mates yet, Licas has informed me, but we were getting there.

"Kendan, Kendan I can't. -" He suddenly stopped talking though as his eyes made contact with our son's bright blue eyes glowing up at the two of us; his eyes full of confusion. Licas' eyes were still full of fear and hesitation, for an Alpha, this surely shocked me; he was supposed to have it together all the time, that's what we hear about them.

I knelt down next to Kendan. "Hi baby," I smiled, keeping my voice steady and my voice happy. "Sweetie go play okay?" He nodded his head, his long curls flopping in his eyes; he needed a haircut, but that wasn't a priority right now, Licas is.

I waited to turn back to Licas until Kendan was back with the other kids, as he turned his head back to look at the two of us looking convicted. I nodded my head smiling, ensuring him that everything would be okay. When he ran back to his group of friends I turned to Licas. "What was that?" I demanded, keeping my voice down as his eyes frantically flickered across my face. I looked over my shoulder seeing Kendan playing happily; so I grabbed Licas' arm and dragged him to the tree line. We needed to talk and in private.

Stopping by one of the Redwood trees I pushed him back, making his eyes flicker to mine darkening in color. "You have to stop freaking out Licas, he's catching on. He is not a dumb child; he makes connections quickly. He knows that something is going on and that something is wrong. Don't bring that upon him, he is a child." I finished my rant, slightly out of breath at the end of it.