Licas

Licas

 It started with a scream.

Our pack was running through the woods in our human form. I sent out my Beta, finest warriors, and pack politician to go make this treaty. And what do they come back with? An unsigned treaty.

Alana, my Beta, said that their female leader, or as they call her Chief Ren, came in the middle of the meeting they were having with the male leader, Chief Alarick, and took over. I was told that she is a force to be reckoned with and she will not back down from what she wants in an offer, which we just are not going to accommodate to. We are the superior race. The sooner they realize that, the better.

We were about two miles from the start of their territory when we heard the blood-curdling scream that was joined with two more before they all faded away. Giving Alana a look we all picked up our pace at once. After telling the patrols that we were with walked with us into the territory after calling two more patrols over with a strange tune they whistled. We were starting to realize that they didn't talk much. They just used their code; whistles. Which we could never understand what they meant, so it was a good tactic that made us admire them. They had smart leaders in their control. But they still weren't as strong or intelligent as we were.

'Alpha.' I heard Alana speak quietly between the mind links. 'My mate. He's in this community.' That's all I had heard before she closed her mind link.

Keeping my gaze forward, I sent her a slight nod, knowing she would want to talk to him before we left. So we wouldn't leave until she got to talk to him about it. I have yet to find my mate, but wolves live to find theirs. Mates complete the part of your soul that you didn't even know was there until you meet them.

As we got closer, I heard a strong, female voice shouting out orders. In the dusk light, I could make out families of people moving through the forest with a few belongings heading the same way we were.

"Patrols need to come in closer, any volunteers to go help patrol will be greatly appreciated. Tonight we will be staying in the common grounds. Under no circumstances without mine, or Chief Alarick's orders will anyone leave this area. We are officially on lock down." Gasps and murmurs erupted as people started laying out their belongings, walking closer we could see that they were making it to where the children and the few elderlies were being congregated towards the center, and the adults were around the outer parts of the circle.

The patrols were bringing us off to the side where a group of about four people huddled together while a male figure approached them with a solemn look on his face. "Alarick, who was it." The firm, but soft, voice asked the man, who must have been Chief Alarick, with authority in her voice. The voice was causing my wolf to stir relentlessly inside of me. Brushing the odd sensation away, I focused on what they were saying.

"It was Helen and her daughters." You could hear the sorrow in his voice. We were getting closer now, about 20 feet away.

"How." The clipped tone in her voice caused my own wolf to bristle at the emptiness in it.

"Wolves." At that word the patrols instantly stopped walking still about 15 feet away. Looking at each other before looking back at us they narrowed their eyes.

"Chief Ren, the wolves from earlier, is back. They brought their Alpha." The burly man spoke one of the patrols in the front.

Instantly she turned on her heel, and I felt my heart stop for a few seconds. 'Mate.' I heard my own wolf growl in my head. Standing still I watch her continue her way forward while taking in her appearance. Her tanned skin stood out against the ivory of her outfit, her toned stomach was showing from the crop top that clung to her every curve. Swallowing heavily, I move my eyes steadily upward, her long, wavy, stunning white hair that reached down to the top of her hips. Her lips were pouty and a pale pink color, her face was adorned in sun-kissed freckles that stood out sharply against her tanned face. Her dark blue-green eyes were framed by dark lashes and were currently glaring at our group.

I snapped out of my daze once she started talking. "Did I not tell you to stay off my land? We are not making the damn treaty with you so get off of my fucking land now. You are not welcome here ever again, if you step foot onto this territory ever again we will not hesitate to attack. Your kind has ripped three more souls from our community today. I have penance, and I'm ready to come at any of you if you so much as look at any of my people." We all stood still with shocked looks on our faces at the amount of venom that came from this woman. Everyone was silent except for a few kids crying but when a new, distinct child started crying my head snapped over to see a girl, who looked like a splitting image of Chief Ren and Alarick came walking towards them holding a crying baby.

'Pup.' My wolf growled confused in our head.

How do I have a pup? I've never been with a woman in my life, yet I have an heir to the throne. "Tallis, he wants you. He's scared." We watched as Chief Ren, Tallis took the fussy baby and turned to Chief Alarick and a male I did not know. "Make sure they are out of the territory before I get back."

But as she turned the baby had calmed down and was peering over her shoulder, with big blue eyes and a flock of unruly curly, blonde hair. Letting out a gasp Alana and the other wolves behind me dropped to their knees, and I took a few steps forward. There was no denying it now; those eyes were a dead giveaway that he was mine. I do not know how it happened or when all I knew was I was not letting my mate or child leave without coming back to my pack.

"That is my child!" I call out to her making the patrols rush toward me and everyone else gasped and froze. As the patrols were restraining my arms behind me, I rushed out before they could knock me out. "And you are my mate." Then chaos erupted, and the patrols knocked me out.