Licas

Robert

Robert

I was at the river filling up buckets with water along with the pack doctor, Sheel, when we heard the first signs of commotion. Dropping the bucket, I started jogging to the community to figure out what was going on. When people started screaming and running towards me though I shoved my way through the masses. I came upon the medical tent, which the front of it was collapsed and men were currently working on getting it back up. I tuned in with my wolf and heard the crying from Kendan and the soft sobs from Tallis. My wolf bristled and took partial control moving through the crowd that gathered and ripping through the tent they were repairing, causing more damage than I meant too. Tallis was starting to stand up, her legs shaking like leaves. I took a step toward her; she held up her hand as I began to come towards her.

"Don't." She croaked, her voice was raw and her nose was red. "Don't. You were supposed to keep him protected while I was in my meeting with Alarick." I stood there shocked, she had started screaming at me towards the end of what she was saying. Her chest was heaving and bright red in the face, she was furious; my wolf didn't know whether to submit or show his dominance. "And because you couldn't simply watch our son, our pup, for a few positions of the sun; this is what that monster did to Kendan." She turned him to face me as my heart sunk along with my body as I dropped to the ground.

Kendan was covered with dark bruises and cuts covering his little body. I opened my mouth and couldn't speak for a moment. "Tallis, I am so sorry. I thought he was safe here. Isn't it supposed to be safe within your community? I just went to fetch water to help clean Kelsey and the baby. I'm sorry. I am so sorry. " I dropped my head down, chin touching my chest.

My mind was racing; my own son, who is a year old has to deal with this so early on in life. Is this what it is like being an Alphas son, was it this hard for me? I know that my father gave me an extremely hard younger life trying to get me ready for the Alpha position. Which helped a lot, but I couldn't imagine treating Kendan the way my father did, I'm going to raise him to be an entirely fine Alpha without having to do things that he did. My heart ached; my wolf and I were both saddened, but also furious with everything going on.

I was shocked though when I felt an electrifying touch against my chin lifting my head up, I pulled my eyes up to meet Tallis'. "It wasn't your fault. I am sorry for overreacting, just nothing like this has ever happened before." She handled me Kendan and I cradled him taking extra precautions being extra gentle with him.

I went over to Sheel who was cleaning off an unconscious bloody looking Kelsey, who looked terrible with the baby sucking on a pregnant woman's tit, getting the milk the baby needed. I was holding a whimpering Kendan close to my chest when I heard Tallis start screaming.

"Where is Robert?" She started off frantically looking around not seeing him anywhere. I furrowed my eyebrows having not seen him on the ground unconscious. "Where is Robert!" She started screaming and freaking out pulling at the roots of her hair, I turned Kendan away from Tallis not wanting him to see his mother in this state right now.