chapter 24

I suddenly felt an entire load drop off me. My shoulders relaxed. I rubbed my belly softly. "Don't worry.. He's not your daddy."

The nurce smiled a bit. "Good that you admitted it. I'll go and inform the authorities."

Mr Darwin swore and left with the nurce. I smiled. This was going to bbe a better life for me from here on.

6 months came and went, and we never found out who had murdered Samantha. Or if she had died of lonliness. But the alleyway was covered in flowers and notes. Everything. But I gave her what she would have wanted. I kneeled down and put a shoe box next to her picture. A note I had written on the top of the box read: Here are those new shoes you really wanted Samantha. Love Brooklyn.

I began to make my way home. When I felt a sharp pain run through me. I was all wet. I dashed into Leon's dad's store and ran up to him. Pratically on my knees. "Help! I'm in labour!"

 He shot up and dialled 999. "H-Hello? This girls about to give birth in my shop and... I don't have the slightest clue what to do! Oh God.... She's wet the floor!"

A women came up to me and fanned me with her newspaper. It was the same lady I'd tried to steal from. I stared at her. She noticed.

"Let bigons be bigons shall we? What I said then is in the past. I'm sorry. Just breathe... Breathe... Look! There's the ambulance."

I was takn over there. I breathed like she had told me, and tried to keep my focus on one thing.

At the hospital,I was told to push. I pushed hard until the pain finally stopped .Sweat trickled down my forehead. I looked down. and then up and saw nothing. Was my baby dead?

I shook my head no.. no..no!

But then I heard a faint wail. I shot up. A midwife smiled at me. " Congratulations. It's a girl."