chapter 11

My chest hurt. I'd screamed too much and now it ached. I needed to forget what had happen. I would go to a party. I waited until Mum was asleep and then headed out. There was a new club openig at 12.00 pm. I'd promised Leon i'd go. Just a few dinks and a dance. I would have fun.

The streets were dark and only two lamposts were on. Their orange shine glowing. I pulled out the small piece of scrap paper that rested safely in my jacket pocket. It had the instructions to the club.

Take a left, then a right, then another right and then go straight down an alley way. Go up the stairs and you'll be there. Later babe.

Leon.

I followed the instructions carefully. My feet began to grow tired, but I trekked on. I finally made it to the alleyway. It was dark and wet. It smelt of urine and damp moss. I shuddered. I stood in the same place. My feet glued to the floor. I had to go to the club, for Leon. I took one step at a time, stopping every few minutes to check for dog mess. But then I heard a man shout. At first I kept on walking, thinking he was talking to someone else. But , he wasn't he was talking to me.  I kept on walking. Trying to act casual. But I was petrified. I could hear his footsteps growing faster in pace and louder in sound.

He was chasing...me.

I began to run. I searched desperately for stairs, a window , anything. My eyes became blurry with tears. But i kept on going. Cutting corners and slipping in my heels. I clasped my hands together and tried to pray, pray that Mr Darwin would pull me through his window and save me. Tell me he's sorry for the fight and kiss me. I wanted Mr Darwin to kiss me.

I knew I was running short on breath. I leaned on the wall and tried not collapse. I steadied myself. I could hear the blood pumping in my head. But from what I could hear, he was gone. Maybe he got bored and went home. I turned back and sighed a breath of relief. I needed to get back on the right route again. But before I could walk, I was grabbed.