Chapter 3

I walked home feeling blue. How could someone say that? I held my stomach. Suddenly hungry I looked for the nearest shop. It was my boyfriends' dad's shop. His name was Leon. Mum didn't like him, but she certainly liked his dad, Mr Ford. The door was wide open and I could hear the sounds of him cheering as man-u scored a goal. He stopped when he saw me and smiled. " Hello Brooklyn! Leon is not here you know."

I nodded. Looking around at the shelves of cans and and food. I swallowed. Feeling in my pocket I noticed I had no money. My mouth began to water . Just at that moment a women walked in. She had short brown hair and wore a long red coat. Next to her was a small girl. She had cute pink hair bands in her hair that held together her pigtails. She grinned at her mum. " Mummy, can we get biscuits? And some lemonade for the party."

The women put her fingers to her lips. Tapping them she replied. " If you get hyper you won't be able to have that sleepover." She patted the girls head. " We can still get biscuits though."

I watched as she walked past me. She pulled out her purse and held it limply in her hand. Seeping out of it was... £20.

I couldn't help it... my hand began to slip down slowly into her purse. She hadn't even noticed. There I was, stealing.

The women began to fidget. I gulped, closing my eyes I counted to ten. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9...10!

The money was in my hand. I began to walk back down the aisle. I sighed. I had done it. But just then my arm was pulled backwards. I was turned to face the women. Her face looked much colder.

"This girl stole my money! Thief! Thief!"

I pushed her away and began to run. What had I done?