chapter 23

I reached for the phone and dialed the number for my mum. No answer. I broke down in tears. I couldn't believe it... Samantha was gone.

Thinking about her dead body made me shiver. Her cold frail hands and her practically blue lips. All I could imagine was her lying on the dirty floor. Her mouth only managing to utter the simple word help. Her body, bleeding...

I gasped suddenly and turned to the bowl next to me. I retched and then vomited. Wiping my mouth I breathed heavily. Later on, a nurce came in to check on me. On seeing the bowl she turned her head the other way. Trying to stop herself from gagging. Before she left she said, "You've got another visitor, your dad or something."

I nodded. "Thanks."

A hads pulled at the curtain. Mr Darwin walked in. "Hi. Brooklyn. How are you feeling?"

I pulled the blanket over my body. "W-What do you want? Come any bloody closer and I'll get the nurce."

Mr darwin sighed suspired. " Please, don't be o uptight Brooklyn. I'm so sorry."

He took two big steps towards me. I tugged at the blanket but it wouldn't budge. I panicked. He'd touch me.. kiss me.

I let out a scream but he grabbed me and held my mouth shut. "Please... Just hear me out Brookly."

I fidgete and squirmed, but grew tired and stopped. Adam slowly released his hand. "Good.. Now let's talk-"

I slapped him. Whacking him over and over. If I had my legs free, I would have kicked him. I continued until a nurce came. "What is going on?"

I pulled my hand away quickly. "This ma." I said pointing to him. "This man isn't  my father, I haven't ever met him. I tried to reach for the phones and help button but.. He told me not to.. or else."

The nurce nodded sympathetically. "Oh.. I see. Sir come with me. Don't worry love. We'll sort this man out. He won't cause you trouble no more."

She told him to get up and follow her.

"Wait." I muttered. She turned around.

"Yes me love?"

" Him... He's the one who hurt me.. He pushed me out a window.... He's the reason why I'm like this."