chapter 15

I soon realised it was turning 2:00 so I left. But as I was at the door Leon stopped me. He fingered at my blouse. It wasn't mine, it was Leon's big sister's old school blouse. It hardly fitted my and the label scratched at the back .  

I slightly tossed his finger away. He came closer. Kissing me softly on the forehead. His face turned serious. "Look babe... What happened today.. Keep it between us."

I didn't answer. He sighed. "Don't be bloody stubborn. You liked what we did. Don't pretend. Now, are you going to tell anyone? Yes or no?!"

I still kept quiet. Leon growled and forceful shook my head up and down. I slapped his hand away but he dodged. "Good girl. Bye bye." He kissed me again and smacked my bottom as I left. Outside it was cold. I felt all dirty and used. I ran home. 

Inside I began to rip off my clothes and brush hard at my hair. I slipped on a dress and grabbed mums cigarette lighter. I held out the knickers, the socks, shirt ... Everything that Leon had touched. It quickly spread to all the clothes and went up deep in flames. I still felt dirty.

I smelt my hair. It had an awful smell of Leon's cologne. I had to do something. In the bathroom I began to snip on small bits of my hair. The rest I washed. I scrubbed until my scalp stung. Water dripped onto my forehead. It mixed with my tears and trickled into my mouth. I spat out the soap and shampoo and dried my hair.

Finally, the smell was gone.

Mum's head popped up from the side of the door. "What's the problem Brooklyn? I heard some noise..." She scanned the bathroom suspiciously. " Are you doing something... bad?"

I shook my head fast and walked past her into my bedroom. I dug my head into my hands.

"Something wrong?" Mum asked sitting next to me on the bed.

My tears dripped onto my lap. "Ummm, I-I.... I think i'm pregnant..."

Mum paused. Her eyes wide and shoulders stiffened. "Bloody hell.. Brooklyn... You little.."

She mumbled quietly to herself for a while, looking everywhere in the room but me. Then she looked at me again. " I love you but... this is getting out of hand and... I just... I-I can't.. I help you any more... I'm sorry."

I stood up. "What the hell ,mum! I get pregnant,so what? You did it once! I had a few drinks! I didn't want it to happen! You think that what you and dad did was right? You still don't know if I'm dads actual kid, I could be some freaks' kid!  Don't act innocent!"

Mum wiped her eyes, Stood up, and walked out the room. " What I did was wrong. But in my mind I told myself I couldn't have had a better daughter. And now... I doubt that."