Modern Again

Elsa

We have been away from the real life for so long. We haven't gone to school, we haven't done things like going to the mall or the beach... so that's what we are going to start with.

We're going to the mall. As for school, we will deal with that later.

I put my hair in a messy bun, put on silver and grey crop top with white khakis, and my black vans. I picked up my blue purse, which had absolutely nothing in it.

But hey, you never know.

I mean come on. How am I suppose to have anything after being on the run for so long?

I don't even know how we all collected these clothes.

Honestly, we are just lucky. What kinda luck do we got to have a whole house all to ourselves like that, with everything we need?

I walked out of my room, seeing Merida. The first thing I notice is how her hair is in a ponytail.

My jaw drops.

Merida rolls her eyes. "A fly is gonna end up in there," she mutters, making me close my mouth.

"I thought you said you hate ponytails! You look so cute!" I exclaim.

She laughs. "I was getting tired of it in my face; but thanks. You look good too sis," she says.

We go downstairs, seeing everyone ready. Astrid waves at me, and I smile back.

Merida walks right past Hiccup, not even a glance. He just stares at her and watches her walk out the door.

This is just sad.

I walk over to Jack who kisses my forehead. "Hey. You look good," he says.

I smile. "You too," I reply.

"Can we go now? I'll just leave without you guys," I say.

"Okay come on," Ariel says to everyone else.

Anna and Ariel walk past me, and Anna smiles at me. I smile back. It's gonna take some time for us to be like we were before, but I'm slowly getting there.

Very slowly.

*******

We all started out as a group, but slowly dispersed.

Astrid and Hiccup wandered elsewhere, same with Ariel and Anna.

Merida, Jack and I are walking together.

"Hiccup! Hurry and look at this!" I hear Astrid yell up ahead. They started staring into a window of a store.

I glance at Merida, and she has no expression.

"You okay?" I ask her.

She nods. "Why wouldn't I be," she says bleakly.

"I know your upset... I'm sorry. We'll talk when we get back to the place," I say to her. She nods in agreement. "Sure," she replies.

**************

We get back home, and I change into grey sweatpants, and a white tank.

I was so tired. It took so long for us to get home because we were all in different places.

Most of them wouldn't pick up their phones, so we had to search the entire mall for everyone.

We had gotten quite a lot of things though.

Someone then knocks on my door, and I hum in response. Jack walks inside the room and shuts the door. He then groans. "Dude, you're so pretty all the time. Like how is that even possible?" he asks, making me laugh.

"Eh, I'm alright. You on the other hand," I say, making him raise an eyebrow awaiting what I had to say next.

"What about me?" he asks, smirking.

He plops down on my bed, and looks at me.

"You're fine. Like fine fine," I say. Kissing his cheek.

He starts ticking me and I flip out. I fall on my back and try to push him away.

I can't handle tickling.

"Jack STOP!" I shout, laughing hysterically.

"Fine, he says, chuckling. "You're so cute," he mumbles.

He then kisses me, and pulls me up super close.

Unexpected.

But I ain't complaining.

I closed my eyes, and I wrap my arms around his neck. We didn't stop, and it was about five minutes now.

That's when someone else knocked on my door.

Jack pulled away quickly, and we sat nervously on the bed.

I tried to fix myself a little bit before clearing my throat. "Uh- come in!" I call out.

The person opens the door slightly, peeking their head inside. Astrid.

She frowns. "Uh......did I just interrupt something?" she asked, with a perplexed expression. I raised my eyebrows. "Um... don't worry about it," I say, laughing lightly.

"You need to talk to me or something?" I ask. She nods. I hop off the bed and kiss Jack's cheek before walking out with her.

We walk out to the stairway, and she sits down, giving me a worried look. "Astrid, what's the problem? You okay?" I ask her. She looks down at her hands.

"My powers were wiling out earlier... I was really upset and I had electricity zipping through my whole room. It was actually scary," she starts.

"What? What made you so upset?" I ask her. She sighs, pulling her hair back. Oh, right.

"Hiccup huh," I state.

She nods.

I wonder when Hiccup became such a heartbreaker. In the beginning of middle school he was always rejected, and no girl liked him.

She looks at me desperately. "I don't know what to do.. I love him so much- but I can tell he still likes Merida. Even though she's ignoring him, he still likes her," Astrid says, covering her face with her palm.

"I can't... I just don't know how to take this," she continues.

I sigh. "Astrid... Hiccup's going through some hard stuff right now. He's really sad lately because he doesn't want to hurt either of you. He loves both of you... which isn't easy- I know," I tell her.

I can't give her the hope I wish I could give her. I can't tell her I think Hiccup will choose her, just like I can't tell Merida that.

Both these girls are my friends, and they are pining for the same guy.

This honestly sucks.

She starts crying, and I hug her as tight as I can.

That's all I can do right now.

*****

I walked back into the room and I see Jack laying on my bed and staring at the ceiling.

He looks at me and smiles.

"My baby is back," he states.

He grabs my hand and pulls me next to him.

A/N :

Alright guys! Sorry for taking too long.
Shipping updates -
Jelsa : They are doing pretty good☺️😏
Hiccstrid vs Mericup : I've never had such a hard decision to make while writing a book. It's like, half of you want Hiccstrid, half of you want Mericcup. Like dang, I don't know!!!!😭😭😭😭

This is ridiculous.

Ahh whatever.

Ttyl viewers.

~ Love Moi