The Slap That Changed My Life

Chapter 1

I touch my cheek, wincing in pain. Jack just slapped me. All because I told off Rapunzel for cheating. I mean, I ended up punching her too, but still! She cheated, and lied about it.

Jack was pissed. His face was red, and he stared at me as if he wanted to end my life. We were in the middle of the hallway, an empty hallway. I looked up at Jack in unbelief.

"You don't get how dumb you look right now Jack," I growl. "You just punched my girlfriend!" Jack shouts.

"She cheated on you for heaven's sake! I love you... and it sucks to see you treated like this," I utter. He studies my expression, as if he was trying to see if I was lying or something.

He scoffs. "We're done being friends Elsa. You can't just hit my girlfriend and think I'll be fine with it," he says, grabbing Rapunzel and turning around. I quickly grab his arm. "Don't do this. Please," I say, my eyes watering up.

He yanks his arm from my grip.

I watch as they walk off, leaving me standing there. Years and years of memories all down the drain. Childhood friendship all ruined by her, and him just being plain out stupid.

But, that was last year. Now, it's a whole new school year.

_____

I hear Anna's heavy footsteps running outside the bathroom and things being thrown around.

"Elsa! We're about to miss the bus!"  Anna yells. I quickly look in the mirror one last time. I didn't want to dress extravagantly, I never really cared much. Sweat pants and a white T-Shirt would suffice.

I quickly put my hair in a bun on the top of my head and turned off the light switch. "Coming!" I shout, grabbing my bag and running down the steps. Anna throws me a granola bar and we leave the house.

***********

I get on the bus and scan for an empty seat. None so far. Everyone was staring at me blankly, which was annoying me. I quickly made my way to the back of the bus, and I see my red headed friend sitting in the last seat.

I slide in next to her, and she turns to face me.

"Hey Elsa!" she exclaims. I laugh as we do our long and complicated handshake.

"Girl.... I almost missed the bus. We would of had to walk to school," I say. Merida chuckles. "I'm not surprised," she says, shaking her head.

All of a sudden I hear someone loudly clear their throat. I turned around and saw-

Jack and Rapunzel.

"Good God," Merida groans. "What exactly do you want?" I ask, staring at the both of them. Jack glares at us. "We've been sitting here all of last year. Move," he says. I squint, looking at him.

"I said get out of our seat," he repeats. I laugh, holding in my irritation. "I don't know who you think you are, but I'm not moving. I'm not required to. There are two other seats open and you can sit in one of them," I respond.

"Hurry up and sit down!" the bus driver yells over the speaker.

Jack gives an extremely dirty look at us before he and Rapunzel sit in the seat in front of us.

I roll my eyes.

Spoilt brats.

"That was too stupid for me to get into," Merida says, putting in her earbuds. I sit in silence the rest of the bus ride, trying to ride out the irritation.