Epilogue

~Summer-Storm~

I roll over in my bed but frown when when my hand lands on nothing but the mattress.

I stir a little before opening my eyes.

I get up and throw my hair into a messy bun.

I jump when a cold hand touches my waist.

I spin around and slap Kayden's hand off me. "You're hands are cold!"

"I went for a jog." He tells me, a small smile playing at his lips. "Gotta stay fit, you know."

I roll my eyes. "Yeah, whatever!"

"Mommy, daddy, I'm hungry!"

Kayden and I smile when our bedroom door burst open and my baby boy stands in the doorway . Well, he's six, but he's still my baby boy. He runs over to us and I pick him up.

"Are you?"

"Yes, I am." He nods.

"Are you really?" I question again.

"Yes, I am."

"Are you really?"

"Mommy!"

"Jayden!" I mimic, kissing his forehead.

"Daddy, mommy, I'm hungry!"

The patter of small feet sound as my my baby girl, Jayden's twin sister, Angel, runs into the room.

Yeah, we had twins. I guess it runs in the family, huh?

"I know, babygirl." Kayden picks her up. "I'll make you food."

"Why can't I make them food?" I ask, already knowing the answer.

"Because you can't cook." He answers as Jayden and Angel nod in agreement.

I pout at them. "You're mean."

"I love you, Princesa." He says, pecking my lips.

"I love you, Kade."

We put the twins down and run into the living room, yelling, "Morning Cartoon Marathon!"

We follow them downstairs, Kayden going to the kitchen and me going to sit on the floor with our kids, still in our pajamas.

Jayden and Angel inherited Kayden's black hair and dimples, but they inherited my bronze skin and grey eyes. They look very similar, almost identical. They both love sports already.

I watch Tom & Jerry with them for a while before going into the kitchen and sitting on the island. "What'ya making?"

"Bacon and waffles." Kayden answers, turning around to face me.

"Chocolate chip waffles?" I question expectantly.

He chuckles lowly. "Yes, chocolate chip waffles."

"Hell yeah!" I fist bump the air. He chuckles, shaking his head before coming to stand in between my legs. He presses a soft kiss to my lips before pulling away.

"Do you need me to get anything for the barbecue?" He asks, turning around to pour some batter into the waffle maker.

"No, the twins and I finished all the grocery shopping while you were at practice yesterday." I tell him, watching his back muscles flex as he cooks.