{12} The Story of Jayden Paris

~Summer-Storm~

Kayden and I sit on his bed, tangled in eachothers arms, bawling our eyes out.

I start thinking about the time I met Jayden.

-FLASHBACK-

Four-year-old Kayden glares at me, holding his nose.

He runs back inside his house, still holding my basketball.

"Hey! Give it back, buttmunch!" I yell after him.

I pout and sit down driveway, looking at the ground as the door shuts loudly.

A few minutes later, someone sits down next to me.

I look up and see a boy with dark brown hair and green eyes looking down at me.

"Here, I think this is yours." He holds something out to me.

"My basketball! Thanks." I grab it from him, smiling brightly before holding my hand out. "I'm Summer-Storm TeNana-Williams."

"I'm Jayden Paris." He smiles, shaking my hand. "The idiot that took your basketball was my twin brother, Kayden. I'm older by a minute!"

"Really?" I grin. "I have three brothers. We're quadruplets."

"Cool!" He grins brightly, his two front teeth missing. "Want to be best friends?"

"Sure!"

-FLACKBACK END-

Yeah, I met him before I met Kyla. When Jayden and I met Kyla, we instantly became the Three Musketeers.

But Jayden and I were always closer.

The time Jayden and I became friends, was around the time Kayden and my brothers became friends. My brothers became friends with Jay, too, but they were closer to Kayden, and I was closer to Jayden. Obviously. Kayden and I hated eachother up until a week ago.

I then think back to the time of his death.

-FLASHBACK-

"Emily?" Fifteen-year-old me answers the door to see a stressed Mrs Paris looking down at me, tears streaming down her face.

"Em, what's wrong?" I question, now worried.

"It's Jayden." She answers shakily. "He's in the hospital."

*~*

I hop out of Emily's car before it even stops moving.

I rush through the doors and to the front desk.

"Jayden Paris?" I say, just as Emily runs up next to me.

"Who are you to him?" The young blonde lady questions, looking at us.

"I'm his mother and this is his best friend." Emily answers, stressed out.

"Room 201."

Emily and I are about to rush past, but the lady stops me.