{5} Art + Kayden = Hell

~Summer-Storm~

"Hey, Hermosa."

I snap my head away from the window and look at the idiot sitting next to me.

"Seriously? There are twenty other desks in this class and you choose to sit at the one next to me." I groan, laying my head on the desk.

"Oh, come on, sweetheart." He coos. "Don't you like me?"

"We both know I don't." I say, peeking at him from over my arms.

"Aww, that hurts, right here." He puts his hand on his heart dramatically before going back to his normal smirk, leaning back in his seat. "But the feeling's mutual, so it doesn't really matter."

"Good to know."

"Okay, class," Miss McKlay, aka the best teacher ever, walks into the class. "I'm am going to be putting you in partners for this class, so listen up." She picks up a piece of paper and starts reading off it.

"Lilly and Max.

Jonah and Kendra.

Mia and Flynn.

Sally and Antonio.

Greg and Jane.

Billy and Mandy.

And last but not least...Summer-Storm and Kayden."

As soon as our names leave Miss McKlay's lips, Kayden and I abruptly stand up and yell, "WHAT?!"

Miss McKlay just gives us a smirk before telling us to sit down. "These will be your partners for the rest of the year. Today, you will be drawing a sketch of eachother."

I immediately start coming up with ideas of drawing Kayden, such as drawing a stick figure, drawing a dead guy, drawing Romeo and Juliet on their death bed...without the Juliet.

But my evil plans are soon crushed as Ms McKlay adds an instruction. "And do it properly. This is worth 30% of your final grades."

"Damn." I mumble as I get some paper and a pencil.

Time to draw Satan's child.

*~*

Thirty minutes later, an expert drawing of Kayden sat in front of me.

All the small details drawn in that one sketch.

From his messy black hair, down to his dimples.

Yes, dimples. The devil has dimples.

And guess what. I got him to smile. And that's what I drew.

I hear a low whistle as someone's breath fans my face.

"Damn, Hermosa, I didn't know you could draw."

I turn my head to the side and come face to face with Kayden. There was barely any space between us. If I move my head a little bit more, we would be kissing.

You want to know what I did?

I poked him in the eye with the back of the pencil.

"Ow, Summer-Storm, what the fuck?!" He brings his right hand up to cup his eye.

"Sorry, not sorry." I smile innocently as he glares at me through one eye. "Now let me see your sketch." I bring my hand up to his face and push him back so I could see the sketch.

"Holy..." I whisper, trailing off.

The sketch is of a girl sitting in the middle of a basketball court. Her head is thrown back as she laughs. Her long, brown hair falling down her back as she holds a basketball jersey in her hands.

The girl is me.

Well, no shit. The assignment was to draw your partner.

Oh, it's you again. I thought you left.

I'm your subconscious, idiot. I can't leave.

Right, you're that little Angel and/or Devil that sit on my shoulders telling me whether I should hit Kayden or not.

"Kayden..." I trail off, my eyes not leaving the drawing.

"Like it?" His breath fans my neck, making the hairs there stand up.

"Like it? Kayden this is amazing." Yes, I did just compliment Kayden Paris. Fight me. "Isn't this like the photo Cole took last year when we decided to skip Maths?"

I turn to face Kayden and find him rubbing his neck, slight pink dusting his cheeks.

Aww, he's blushing!

I never thought I'd see the day Kayden freaking Paris would be blushing.

"Uh, yeah," he stops rubbing his neck. "I actually forgot about the picture. This was all from memory." The blush on his cheeks darken.

"Aww, you're blushing!" I tease, pinching his cheeks.

He slaps my hands away as the blush darkens even more. "Shut up."

Well, sappy, mushy crap definitely isn't his thing.

"You know, you two would make a great couple." Miss McKlay's voice rings out behind us, making Kayden and I spring away from eachother while shouting protests. She just chuckles before looking at our sketches. "Wow," she breathes out. "These are amazing!" She looks at the two of us again. "You two really would make a great couple." And with that, she shoots us a small smirk and starts walking away, but not before yelling one last thing over her shoulder. "Stayden is endgame!"

Did our teacher just ship us?!

Bruhh.