{19} Jayden Would Have Believed Me

~Summer-Storm~

"-and then he walked away!" I finish telling my brothers what happened with Kayden.

When they met up with me outside school after Kayden left, they asked where he was, so I told them I'd tell them when we got home. And we're at home right now.

"We don't blame him." Nate speaks up after a few seconds.

I look at him in shock. "What?!"

"Summer-Storm, you called Daezahn names then slapped her for no reason." Cole says.

"And not to mention the fact that she's extremely nice." Reese adds.

"Oh my god."

"Summer-St-"

"Oh my god! How can you guys believe that blonde bitch over me?!" I snap, hurt swelling in my chest.

My own brothers don't believe me.

"Storm, we saw the handprint on her cheek." Nate says. "And you just called her a bitch."

"And that automatically proves that I called her names and hit her?!" I look between the three of them. They wouldn't look me in the eye.

"Summ-"

"JAYDEN WOULD HAVE BELIEVED ME!" I shout, pushing past Kayden, who had just walked into the house.

~Kayden~

"JAYDEN WOULD HAVE BELIEVED ME!"

That's the first thing I hear when I open the front door of the TeNana-Williams household.

Summer-Storm pushes past me and runs out the front door, not sparing a single glance at me.

That hurt.

You walked away from her, you deserved it. My subconscious says.

I feel a swell of guilt in my stomach before I push it away and scoff.

She brought it upon herself.

I look at Nate, Cole and Reese who all look down at the floor silently.

*~*

Six hours.

It's been six hours since Summer-Storm ran out of the house and she hasn't come back yet. She hasn't called, or texted, or even sent an email.

It's now ten o'clock at night and pitch black outside.

And Nate, Cole, Reese and I are all shit pissed worried.

Suddenly, the front door slams open and Kyla storms in.

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!"

We all look at her, baffled.

"What are you talking about, Kyla?" Cole stands up from his seat on the couch.

"You believe Daezahn over Summer-Storm?!" Kyla yells, emphasizing the names.

"How do you know about that?" Nate questions, not looking at her.