As Of Now Chapter 1: Knowing How Much I Need You

You know those little things that make a big impact on you or on someone else like you never expected it? Like giving your boss a cup of coffee with little sticky notes attached to the cup that says something nice, and your boss just practically learns to live with it almost everyday of work. Or when you talk to someone everyday and when then skip a day of talking to you, it just feels so different.

In my case, it wasn't a big deal before. Maybe he knew I was okay with it, because he knew that I loved him. And that whatever he did was fine with me, just as long as I knew he loves me just the same. He was right, I was okay with doing everything for him. I loved him with my heart, but was it that my mind was temporarily broken for not warning me of the consequences? Or was it me that was actually blind?

He ditched me a bunch of times for his guy friends, he'd tell me to help him on his school work and make excuses to leave me do it, he gave me nothing but false hope.

Did he actually love me?

Yeah, for a while.

Did he get bored?

Probably.

Was he really that selfish of a lowlife?

Positive.

I always thought I was never good enough, that was, until Matthew came. He courted me and got me to say yes after a month. Where did that all go? I'll never know.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+

There's also those things that come unexpectedly, maybe for a reason, but maybe it's a lesson.

My Mom went with me to the new school I'll be studying in-she thought I wouldn't find my way to class- so she can see a good look-see of her old school. She walked with me through the halls, finding the room I was assigned to. "Mom, kailangan ba talagang kasama kita? Kaya ko nang hanapin ang classroom ko."

"Camille, ngayong araw ko lang kita sinamahan since pumasok ka ng Grade 5. At tsaka sumama ako sa'yo dahil namiss yung ang San Agustin." She didn't look at me, as she examined how much change has occured. To be honest, I love their gardens separating each building. San Agustin looks spacy and there's a lot of greenery around the high school department when you look at the entrance of the building.

Mom fished for her cellphone inside her purse, looking a bit disappointed. "Camille, kailangan ko nang umalis for work. My day starts by 7:30 and it's," I checked my own watch, seeing it was 6:25, "Six twenty-three. By this time, dapat paalis na ako sa bahay. Kaya mong hanapin yung class mo?"

At last, "Yes. Mom. Itetext na lang kita pagpasok ko sa room." I offered her a smile and she kissed my forehead, bidding me a good first day of school. I looked back at her walking back to the entrance, the hallway getting crowded with students. I took a deep breath and turning my heel to walk inside the building. But instead, I bumped into a wall of muscle who was also getting inside the building. "Oww, uh," I held my head, feeling the throb from hitting his cheekbone, "S-sorry." I stuttered.

He held his side, dragging his fingers on the red surface, "Sorry, sorry. Di kita nakita." He apologized. I covered my mouth with one hand, the other still clutching my head.

"Bago ka dito?" He casually asked. I feel the heat creep up to my cheeks, you just bumped into him then he apologizes back and casually asks you a friendly question? Wow, nice start.

"Yeah, sophomore."

A grin spread across his face, "Anong section mo? Sophomore din ako."

"Uhh, Bl. Clement."

"Magkaklase tayo!" His smile grew wider as he titled his head to reach eye level with me. I smiled back with courtesy. "Hey, uh, gusto mo sabay na tayo?" He asked.

Are you serious? Please tell me he's serious. "Alam ko yung daan sa classroom, tsaka bago ka so baka gusto mo ng tulong. Are you up for it?"

I gladly took his arm in mine and he lead me to the classroom, passing a few classrooms and getting a few stares.

"What's your name by the way?" I was taking out my camera out my bag, wanting to get a snap of the campus. "Oh, Camille dela Cruz nga pala. Ikaw?"

"Matthew Reyes." I think I almost felt my legs bail on me, like the blood running in them just got sucked out of it in one second. Matthew? Reyes. Matthew Reyes, of all the names he could have.

I forced a smile and took a picture of him, "Nice to meet you, Matthew." I heard my voice cracked at the end. Hopefully he wouldn't notice.

That's how we went in the first day. And we even sat beside each other, figures. We became good friends with each other, most of the time, we were laughing but we were always serious when it came to class.

Let's see where this new Matthew takes me. Is he a blessing? Or another lesson?

-~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+

First chapter, y'all. It's short, I know but still, it's the first chapter.

I'm not one to ask for votes or comments but leave some or vote if you like the story. I'd appreciate it lots :)

Gayle xx