Twelve

12

I wanted to feel his lips against mine, I truly did but I couldn't do it. Knowing the naughty yet pleasurable act would get an angry reaction from August if he found out was enough to stop it from happening. Before I was able to back away it was too late.  I knew saying I was absorbed in the moment wasn't a valid reason for letting Treys lips come in contact with mine and that that would only fuel August's anger if he was to ever find out.

August. The dinner with Trey was supposed to be revenge for all the last nights at work but I didn't expect to actually have Trey kiss him, or even worse, temporally kiss him back. In a crowded restaurant with all eyes to see at that. Anyone of these people can be in contact with August, the last thing I want is for him to find out from someone who isn't me.

Not only was I ashamed that I let Trey kiss me, but remorseful that I let him do it. And even more apologetic that I actually liked it for the few moments it lasted. Even though the kiss lasted for what felt like less than a second, the guilt I felt was so strong you would've taught I had had sex with him. I pushed him off me as I moved my head away. Whipping the saliva that transferred from his month to mine of my lips off with the back of my hand. He hit me with conceited, yet, befuddled look.

"What's up?" He asked, as though he hadn't just pushed himself upon me.

"What do you mean what's up? You just kissed me, knowing damn well I have a boyfriend." I growled.

"Don't try pulling that boyfriend shit like you ain't want me to. Ain't you the one always telling me that ya man ain't shit-"

"I never told you that."

"August didn't come home last night. August forget to pick me up. August's hoes keep calling the house. Admit it, that nigga ain't shit. You don't love him. You and me both know it. I can treat you better than him if you'd give me a chance." He stated. Half of what Trey was saying was true but I wasn't going to let him here that. Yes August has went nights without coming home, and has forgotten to pick me up from school before, and I have received some mystery calls from some female, but the part about me not loving him is preposterous. If I didn't love him I wouldn't have stayed around for this long.

"You're wrong."

"Adira this is shit you told me directly."

"I love him though. With all my heart."

"You out with another nigga. If I was your man I damn sure wouldn't let be out with another nigga. If you was mine you wouldn't want to be with any other nigga anyways 'cuz I'd be treating you better than any other nigga can. You can't possibly be in love with a bitch nigga like him."

"I'm ready to go now." I spoke, throwing the napkin on the table in frustration. I wasn't going to sit up here all night hearing his false accusations.

"You didn't even finish you dinner." He said, watching me raise from the table.

"I lost my appetite." I lied, secretly wanting to devour the remaining food. "I'll meet you at the car." I mumbled.

The cool air sent goosebumps down my exposed legs and arms. Waiting for Trey inside the restaurant would've made more sense since I wasn't particularly dressed for the chilly weather. I continued running my hands up and down my bare skin trying to convey heat.

Trey, who'd taken an eternity, eventually stammered out of the restaurant. The only words exchanged during the unpleasant ride were the sorry's he tried to get me accept and conversation he tried so desperately to spark.

I climbed out the car with a soft thank you before going up to Augusts apartment. Quietly I slipped in the bed, undetected. For a second I thought I had got away with it but in actuality no one was there to catch me. August must've taken a late night call because I had to sleep alone tonight.