Chapter 7

Ethan's P.O.V

Beep, beep, beep

We all woke to the sound of my alarm.

"Ugh, why do you have an alarm on the weekend." Megan pulled the pillow to her ear as I turned off my alarm.

"Some of us like to wake up early." I looked beside me to see Jax had already fallen asleep again.

"You can go back to sleep while I make breakfast. I'm gonna have to get ready and run to the store though so you'll have time to sleep." I got up off the cushioned floor and walked to the bathroom to get ready.

...::::...::::...::::...

After I took a shower, got dressed, brushed my teeth, and brushed my hair I began my trip to the store to get a few minor things for breakfast.

On my way down the path I saw Alex and some girl appearing to go in the house. I assume that it's Bethany but a part of me still felt... weird. I'm not sure what this feeling is but my body stiffened and my fist clenched as I felt my entire body heat up.

"Hey, Ethan!" I turned again and saw Alex had stopped at his door along with the girl.

He moved his hand to signal I come over to him to which I complied. I walked to him and the girl.

"Hi." The girl looked to me when I spoke.

"I wanted you to meet, Beth, Beth this is Ethan." The girl blushed before she stuttered out.

"Nice to meet you." She held out her hand for me to shake.

"Nice to meet you too." I shook her hand before looking back at Alex.

"Umm... I'm gonna run to get things for breakfast, you two can join us if you want." Alex smiled.

"Yeah, we'll be there." I smiled at both of them before walking back in the direction of the store.

...::::...::::...::::...

I came back from the store having picked out only a few necessities for make breakfast. Once I was in the house I immediately went to the kitchen to begin making everyone food.

"Is the food ready yet?" I jumped, startled and turned to see Megan looking like a zombie.

"Almost." Just as I said that the doorbell rang throughout the house.

"I'll get it." Megan dragged her feet all the way to the door only to purposely yell, "Oh, Alex ha... what are you, W-what are you doing here now." I laughed at her obvious embarrassment.

She's probably trying get to look a little bit more presentable seeing as she is wearing my clothes and hasn't done her hair or anything hygiene wise.

As Megan, Alex, and Beth walked in, I finished making breakfast.

"Is it ready now?" I turned to see Megan whining as she held on to her stomach in fake agony.

"Yeah, I just need to serve it." As I said that Jax walked through the door.

"What'd I miss." Jax pointed to the two extra people beside him before yawning.

"That's Beth, they're eating breakfast with us."

After a quick introduction the food was served and we were all sitting on the table.

"So, what should we do today?" Jax leaned back on his chair.

"I was thinking since yesterday you showed me a place you guys frequently go to we could show you guys one that we go to." He looked around the table then to Beth who smiled widely.

"Yeah, that'd be really cool." I smiled at the idea since it was a really good one.

"Okay, we have the perfect place." Beth jumped in her seat, clearly ecstatic to go to said place.

After we decided where we wanted to go we just sat and joked around eating. We learned Bethany and Megan are actually very similar, they're both giant balls of sunshine and rainbows... it's disgusting.
...::::...::::...::::...::::...

"Okay, onward we go." Megan climbed on my back again.

"Are you ever gonna use your feet to walk?" I groaned.

"Maybe." She laughed.

She's not gonna stop anytime soon.

"Alex, why can't I get on your back!" Beth whined and pouted.

"You never asked to get on my back." He shrugged.

"Can I get on your back?"

"Nope."

"You're mean!" Beth exclaimed loudly before attempting to climb on his back forcefully.

She nearly fell but Alex caught her before she went butt first into the ground. We all laughed at how similar Bethany was to Megan.

"Okay, now we actually need to keep going or were all gonna be fifty when we get there." Just as we were all about about to leave the front porch my mum pulled into the drive way.

She got out of the car only to look... happy? I walked over to her after getting Megan off of my back.

"Mum, are you okay, you seem really happy. How was the interview?" I smiled widely getting a good feeling out of her smile.

"Really good, I think I might get it, they said that they have three more interviews but I was the best so far so if none of the interviews go well I get the job."

My body became overcome by joy for my mother. She'll get back to her original job. I'm just so happy for her.

"That's great mum!" I gave her a hug.

"Thanks but I'm really tired so I'm gonna go to sleep." My mum went inside the house and I went back with everyone else.

"How'd it go?" Megan stood beside me.

"She said it went really good." I smiled again seeing as I'd stopped when my mum went in.

"Coolio. That's great for her, I bet you're happy." She bumped into me lightly.

I nodded.

I am happy, I'm happy for my mum and I'm happy because I'm finally feeling comfortable enough with what happened to get close with my mum again. It makes this joy overcome my entire body and mind. I want to know what the world will bring our way. I want to see what comes from this and that's not gonna change. That's why I'm so happy.

...::::...::::...::::...::::...

Should have knocked on some wood Ethan. HELLO LOVELY PEOPLE!!! I'm so excited this story has gotten 184 reads and 17 votes, I dunno who would want to vote for this story because I can't write for shit but hey its an accomplishment and I'm proud of it. Anyways this chapter is kinda really short and I was worried about that at first but then I thought I'd make you guys a filler chapter just to get you people on the edge of your seats. What's the place? What will happen that'll mess everything up? I've been planning the next two chapters since I started the story and I'm so excited.

February 10, 2017