Chapter 13

Ethan's P.O.V

I'm still in Megan's house. It wasn't a dream. I'm actually here, right now. The man, my father, whom I thought loved me actually doesn't. He hates me. I hate him. Then he brought my mum into this, the kindest, funniest, and most amazing human being I've ever met, he ruined her life. No, I ruined her life. I got dressed before Megan rushed in, panic all over her face.

"You're mum is here." My eyes widened and panic overcame me too.

"H-how did she know I'm here?"

"I don't think she does. You have to hide. Get your lazy ads out of bed already." She grabbed my arm and pulled me up from the bed. I ran to hide in the closet after Megan shoved my things in there and made the bed half assed.

It was dark and I could hear the door open. My heart was racing.

"I have to find him and I know he's here. I've looked everywhere else." My mum was getting closer.

She opened the door to the room.

"Ma'am not trying to be rude but you've looked in every room." She's in here.

"He has to be here. I went home yesterday and some of his clothes were gone, toothbrush, and other hygienic requirements, but no money. If he's not here, then he's probably starving somewhere." There was a shadow under the closet door.

I unfortunately don't have any clothes in here to help me hide. So when she opened the door. I was right there. However, before I could react, she hugged me. I hugged her back. We both fell to the floor. I missed her. I missed her so much.

"Thank goodness I found you honey. I've been worried sick. Don't ever scare me like that." She kissed all over my face in a loving, motherly way.

"Wait so, you don't hate me?" I didn't realize but tears were coming from my eyes.

"No, honey, why would I hate you?" She was crying too.

"I-I... it's all my fault. He left because of me. Y-you're not mad?" I looked at my mum.

She shook her head.

"No, baby, I love you. I love you more than anything or anyone else. I would never hate you." She smiled.

"I'm sorry mum." I am still crying.

"You didn't do anything wrong. Plus I always kinda knew." That statement confused me.

"W-what?" She laughed a little.

"I always knew, kinda. And I'm okay with it. Don't tell anyone but when I was younger I'd always wanted a gay son." She whispered that so Megan won't hear.

I laughed. I love my mum.

"Let's go home." We both got up at my mum's words and I grabbed my things from the closet before following her to the car, hugging Megan on my way out.

We got in the car and drove off. I watched my mum out of the corner of my eye, she has bags under her eyes, and she looked absolutely exhausted. I also bet she hasn't eaten all this time. I smiled sadly in my mum's direction, although I knew she couldn't see me. I grabbed my mum's free hand and held it in my own. Her hands are cold and I began to feel really sorry for running out on her.

"We're here hunny." She looked to me and smiled as she parked the car.

I smiled back and as soon as I got out I was attacked by a pair of eager arms.

I was Mrs. Miller.

"Oh, I was so worried. Where were You? Did you get hurt? Well you don't look hurt so that's good." She smiled at me.

From behind her I could see Alex smiling and shaking his head at his mum.

"Come on." I looked at my mum for a brief moment before looking back at Alex for a moment.

He smiled and I smiled back. Then I followed my mum back inside. We walked in the house and I felt an odd wave of euphoria. I assume it's about being back with my mum so I didn't put much thought into it. The house was just as it was when I left. Not one thing was different proving my mum hasn't been here at all.

"You want something to eat, I can make you something?" My mum asked.

"No, I'll make you something you can sit it you want." I smiled, a genuine smile at my mum.

She opens her mouth to oppose but I was already heading for the kitchen to make her something.

I knew she hasn't eaten since I left. I feel really bad for making her worry so much. But knowing now that she is okay worg it and isn't mad. I feel like a weight has been lifted of my shoulders. The feeling like someone was pushing on my chest is gone. But I still feel... something. I'm not sure what just something. It's almost like the feeling I had when I realized I was gay. Knowing that, I think that I'll find out soon enough, just like back then. However until then I'll finish making food.

After I finished cooking I set the table and then told my mum she could come eat now. I made spaghetti.

..:::..:::..:::..

While eating there was silence, but not an uncomfortable one. A peaceful one. Until...

"So, serious talk." I began to worry, what's up with her?

"What?" I looked at my mum in the eye suspiciously.

"Have you dated anyone? If so I need to jnow who? How long? And if you're still innocent?" Gross.

"Eww! Mum, calm down, that's disgusting!" She looked at me with a weird smile, one I didn't recognize.

"You haven't answered my questions yet. It's making he think that maybe..."

"No! I have never ever done any of That! Mum that's a gross topic to discuss when we're eating!" I was grossed out, you can't talk about someone's... relationships at times like this.

"So, you've never dated anyone? At all?" I shook my head.

"No." She smiled.

"Well when time comes for you to find someone, be sure I know and meet him. I need to know who you're getting involved with."

This conversation is so creepy.

"Okay, fine can we please stop talking about this now." She agreed before we got back to eating.

.....::::::.....::::::.....::::::.....

Okay, yes, this is a short chapter. It's a filler to just show Dianna's support for her son and Ethan's support for his mum. I am sorry but next week's chapter will hopefully be longer. Just know that I stopped writing because I needed it to stop here not because I'm out of time. Also did you notice the importance of this Chapter? If you did feel free to comment. If you didn't then you will know... eventually.

April 13, 2017