Chapter 10

Ethan's P.O.V

I woke up in the morning with no desire to go back to school. Not just because my eyes were still burning or that my throat hurt. It was because I  had a sensation that it'd be a bad idea to go. I also don't wanna go to the spring dance on Friday but Megan will kill me if I don't go. After I was completely finished getting ready dressed in the school uniform which adorned my body in the colors: navy blue, sky blue, and black. I've always liked the school uniform it involved a blazer and tie making the school appear more special than it really was. I picked up my phone and sent a quick text to Megan and Jax to ask if they're ready so I can go pick them up. They replied when I was in the car pulling out of the drive way.

..:::..:::..:::..

"Hey bae!" Megan got in the car closing the door as she did.

"Bae?" I raised a brow at her.

"I'm weird, I thought you knew this." She plugged her phone into my car and blasted her music.

"Making my way downtown, walking fast, faces pass, then I'm home bound!" Megan bounced up and down in her seat.

"That song is so girly. " I stopped in front of Jax's house waiting for him to come out.

"I know! 'And now I wonder!'" She continued to sing as Jax walked to the car.

"I can't believe the break is over. I don't wanna go." Jax grunted in the back seat as he slouched making it so his fringe covers his face.

"Same." Megan looked out the window watching the scenery pass by.

We get to school after sitting in the car enveloped by a comfortable silence.

"This school is actually quite small." Megan looked around as if she'd never seen it before.

"Oh by the way I wanted to know if you guys would come help me decorate the gym for the dance." Jax spoke as we headed for the familiar blue double doors.

"I'm in, it sound like fun. When is it?" I looked at Jax who responded by saying tomorrow after school, "Okay then, I'll be there."

"Me too." Megan jumped up enthusiastically.

I find it incredibly relieving that nothings changed. It's as if last night never happened. Only now I can tell them if I find a guy attractive or not.

"Hey guys!" We all turned to see Gabriela, another addition to our friend group.

"Gabby!" She walked towards us and we waited patiently for her to arrive.

Megan jumped slightly for a while, her feet be largely touching the floor. Which I didn't understand, why is she she jumpy and why is Gabby doing the same thing?

"Really?" Gabby asked and I just got more confused, are they having a conversation.

"Yep, we were right." Huh?

Right about what?

"Umm... what are you guys talking about?" I tilted my head to the side.

"Y-you, is it true? Are-are you gay? Really?" Gabby's smile was so wide it reached to half of her cheeks.

"W-what? How-how? She didn't say anything." I brought my eyebrows together.

"So you are! Ha! I knew it!" She jumped up and cheered before hoping on my back.

Not her too.

"Let's go to class!" We walked inside the school and noticed than much had changed, for example the hand drawn posters for the dance and the painted lockers and walls.

"They made this school look more like a highschool and less like a prison so, that's a plus." Jax looked past his hair to see the abundance of color.

"Yeah, everything used to be white and beige." Gabby put a distasteful look on her face.

"Well the school is still quite new." Meg shrugged.

"It's not that new actually." I looked towards them as I spoke.

The bell rang signaling we had one minute to get to class.

"Okay I gotta go my class it's across campus." Jax ran left while we walked into our class.

I sat at my seat in the back row by the window. The window seat is amazing there's a perfect view of the trees that dance with the wind and the sun that settles itself behind said tree blocking it from my eyes. The scenery was absolutely beautiful.

"Ethan?" The teacher called out.

"Here." I sighed realizing I'd have to actually pay attention now.

"Welcome back class, I know you're probably still hung up on vacation but it's school time so put your thinking caps back on and take out your textbook and open to page 304 and read article one through eight and answer the questions on page 307." I'm absolutely mesmerized at how she could say all of that so fast.

I look through my backpack and find my textbook starting my assignment.

..:::..:::..:::..

After that class was over Gabby and I met up with Jax in our next class. Fortunately we all have next class together.

"Hey Ethan." Jax sat next to me and class began once again with the attendance.

You'd think this far into the year they'd already remember us by name. Is it weird that the I'm more excited to go work on the dance than actual school? Probably not.

.....::::::.....::::::.....::::::.....

Okay so umm... it's a short chapter around 800 words. I'm sorry for that. I'm also sorry that this is a day late it's just I cried like 800,000 times yesterday and by the end I was tired and I fell asleep without updating. Anyway it's chapter 10 so I'm not gonna update for a while so I can go back and fix things and I'll get another chapter up after that.

Bye, Sarah

March 4, 2017