Chapter 28

Ethan's P.O.V

I woke up exhausted having barely slept. First the thought of my father's wedding and now... something I can't allow myself to think about any further. I kicked my sheets off and sighed rubbing my eyes. Why did everything suddenly get so... complicated? I sighed again louder than before. I have to pick a suit. I put my slippers on and walked down the stairs. My mum was in the kitchen cooking breakfast.

"Mum, do you have the invitation to dad's wedding." I asked with drowsiness in my voice.

"Yeah, it's on the coffee table in the living room."

I walked into the living room picked up the invitation and read it...

'Please join us in witnessing the marriage of Steven and Elizabeth.

We hope to see you there.'

"Bullshit." I sighed.

"Have you picked a suit?" I turned are saw Alex behind me.

"No, I might not even wear one, just a button up or something." I said.

"I don't think I can do this. But... I have to... he's my dad... biologically." I sighed for what felt like the millionth time today.

"It's gonna be okay. What can go wrong?"

"A lot of things actually, he could insult me in one of his stupid speeches, his fiance could hate me. She might be super nice and shit, I can't handle that."

"Well remember that he doesn't define who you are, you do." He smiled grabbing my shoulders bringing back the warmth I always seem to feel when he smiles.

The doorbell rang though the house making us both turn to it.

"I got it." He went to the door and in came... Luis.

I felt a whole ocean of jealousy flood my senses as he greeted him with a hug. I left without excusing myself rushing to my room locking myself in.

Why do I feel so jealous when they're close to one another? Just thinking about Luis makes my blood boil and makes me uneasy. I never thought I'd be the jealous 'type' but I guess I was wrong. No, it's not jealousy, what could I have been jealous of?

I started hyperventilating my entire life beggining to weigh upon my shoulders. I don't know what to concentrate on, if I concentrate on the wedding I freak out if I concentrate on Andy a weird feeling comes to me, one harder to describe, kind of like sadness if I think about Alex and Luis I get angry. Jealous? I don't even know. I sighed again before picking some clothes hoping that a shower will calm my anxiety. I have to get to work anyways.

..:::..:::..:::..

"Okay, I'm going to work. I'll see you guys later." I smiled walking out a fake ass smile as I looked at Luis.

Alex's P.O.V

"You didn't notice that?" Luis asked as soon as Dianna left the living room for work.

"He looked at he with so much... jealousy. It was kind of endearing." He laughed.

"I didn't see anything unusual." I said.

"Well, it's no wonder the two of you haven't gotten together. You're both blinder than a... blind mole rat. It's kinda getting annoying." He groaned loudly.

"I still feel awful for doing this, it feels like... I not know but I know that I don't like it. I'm not doing it anymore, in fact after his dad's wedding I am gonna stay away from him as much as possible. I want to be with him but not if it means making him loose something that is currently making him happy." I sighed, feeling defeated.