Chapter 9

Ethan's P.O.V *trigger warning, mild language*

When life hands you lemons...

They squeeze them on you face.

They squeeze and squeeze until you've gone blind.

That's what I feel right now.

After spending time with Alex, Beth, and everyone else my mum came from her room telling me that the only other person whey were considering for the job was... my father. My dad the one who left us because I'm gay, yeah that same dad who know he's me, I know he hates me. I also know that he would tell my mum any chance he got and it's just... it's giving me anxiety.

"Mum it's not possible. Dad has a job, why would he need this one. It's not fair." Squeezing.

"I don't understand either. I guess he lost him old job and now he needs a new one. And he went after mine." She sighed.

"He can't do this! He can't! We're trying to get our life back in track! We're trying to recover from what he did to us! He left you! He left me." Squeezing.

"I know but things happen and... I guess this is too. I'm so sorry honey."

He's gonna tell her. He's gonna tell her and my whole life will be ruined. He's going to do it.

I cried.

I started crying like a little girl. I don't cry in front of my mum often but this is too much for me. All of my emotions are weighing down on me and trying to suffocate me. I can't bear with this. I can't do it. I- he can't tell her, she'll hate me. I'll hate me. That's the whole reason she needed that job, because I'm fucking gay and he didn't like that, so he fucking left. He left me and my mum to go find a new family because apparently having a long family tree is more important to him than my mum and I, his real family. My mum sat by me where I had dropped to the floor and she rubbed my back as she hugged me and I cried into her shoulder. If I told her that my dad left because of me, she would hate me. I'm not normal, why can't I just be like anyone else. If I was my dad would still be here and not away somewhere trying to take my mum's job.

...::::...::::...::::...

I don't know what happened. One minute I was crying my heart out and the next I wake up in my room without a single memory of how I got there or if it even did happen. I did however know that I had a bad headache and I didn't want to get up. My head hurt and my esophagus felt like it was closing up and it hurt. That its self proved that I'd been crying. My eyes are burning and probably redish. I'm tired of bad things happening to my mum. I'm tired of it, it's not fair to her. Just as that thought crossed my mind she walked in with a teacup and what appears to be pills.

"Hey, you woke up." She walked to the side of my bed and sat down on the edge, "I brought you some asprin and some tea for the headache and sore throat you must have."

"Thanks mum." I took the pills and before grabbing the tea.

"What happened? I don't remember coming to my room."

"I helped you walk over here, you were zoned a out more than anything. You were walking without knowing as if you were lost in your own mind. You were awake but you weren't here. Then I put you on your bed and I guess your mind tired you out and you fell asleep immediately." She put her hand on my knee and rubbed it soothingly.

"Oh." I don't know what to say anymore.

"It's fine dear. We're gonna make it past this okay, I still have this job, I can find something else if things go bad."

"I don't want you near him. I don't want to near him." My voice was hushed and raspy.

"I'll stay as far away as I can for as long as I can, if that's what's bothering you all stay away. I'll tell you if I see him and I'll tell you exactly what happened." She looked directly at my eyes with a look of utter sincerity.