Chapter 29

Ethan's P.O.V

"No, let's not forget the time when he spilled grape juice on the carpet and his under the kitchen table for and hour to hide from Dianna." Meg laughed along with Alex and Jax.

"Okay, can the stories of my youth be put on hold. And it wasn't the kitchen table it was the one in the dinning room." I corrected.

"Oh, right because no one ever went in that one."

"And it was closer." Jax added.

Alex just laughed, the type where you close your eyes and hold your stomach. It's not that funny.

"So, okay... what happened?" He said between fits of laughter.

"Dianna came home, she made him clean it." Meg explained cackling like the the wicked witch of the west.

"He looked like a puppy that just got kicked. But then we helped him clean it since it was also partially our fault." Jax explained his laughter diminishing.

"Yeah. But now it makes for a hilarious story."

"Yeah, because it's not about you." I complained crossing my arms and sticking out my bottom lip.

Jax looked down at his phone.

"I hate to be the one to bring down the atmosphere but your dad's party starts in half an hour."

"Lets go then." I said getting up from the small table at Starbucks throwing away my half eaten muffin and my cup.

"Okay, then." Meg said standing and walking after me.

Spending time with my friends talking and being myself helped me get over my past anxiety and really concentrate on just being. And not being to satisfy others but myself.

The car ride was full of laughter and jokes the atmosphere was very joyous as opposed to the first car ride to the church.

"We're here!" Jax announced.

"Aww!" We whined stepping out of the car.

We continued to joke around as we approached the location which was just a large white circus-looking tent covered with tons of Christmas lights.

"Watch and see how a bunch of Christians celebrate a wedding, I swear it's gonna be the lamest thing ever." Jax announced more eager to witness the party than actually going.

For the first time today, I felt prepared for anything... nothing they can say or do will deter my intentions to show my father that he can no longer get to me. The people around me... they make me stronger and I'm thankful for that.

We walked into the tent and saw a bunch of strangers scattered some were dancing in the middle and others were eating and at the end of the dance floor was my dad and his wife sitting, talking, laughing. They looked like good friends having a chat.

"I'll be back I'm gonna go greet my father." I said but just as I was beginning to leave a man stood in front of me.

"Hello, Ethan right? You're father has told us so much about you. I'm Pastor Jacobs." He held his hand out for me to shake.

"Nice to meet you sir." I said forcing a smile to my lips.

"He spoke to us about your problem. He said he offered help but you refused. I mean it's still not too late, you're young the disease hasn't gotten too severe yet, you have time to fix it still." I was in shock as to what this man was saying but I'm not about to let this man ruin my good mood with bullshit homophobia.

"With all do respect sir, there is nothing wrong with me."

"That's the illness talking young man, don't let it brain wash you, as long as you haven't had... intimate relationships with a man you'll be fine. Please let us help you, trust me, you'll be much happier."

"But sir I am happy. I have great friends and a nice family."

"Yes, but you're riddled with illness and that means you'll be banned from the house of God. If you don't believe me, look at your father, when he was your age his father brought him to us and see now he's happily married and welcome in God's home."

"Wait what?"

"Yes, your father once had your same illness."

"What, no. N-no." Don't let it get to you, "I'm sorry sir but I won't take your treatment because nothing is wrong with me, I'm one hundred percent normal." I turned my back on the pastor and walked out of the tent.

Everything that's went on today, yesterday, the day before began pushing into my chest again, I felt like screaming, shouting. My dad is gay, what the hell kind of treatment is it that they gave him to be like that? No wonder he and his wife look like friends a rather than in love. He doesn't love her, he can't ever love her. It kind of makes me feel sorry for her... My mum... did she know? I doubt it, she'd have told me. Ahhh! And everything else... this stupid wedding... stupid... fake... and Alex.

"Ethan!" I turned to see Alex following me, "Are you okay?" No, no I'm not.

Upon seeing him tears gathered at my eyes. I said I wouldn't let it get to me but there's too much information at once. I was born of false love... maybe even just lust. I... I... I'm a product of a lie.

I shook my head and he wrapped his arms around me almost as soon as I did so.

"What happened?" He rubbed circles on my back sending waves of warmth everywhere he touched.

Then my tears began to spill. Nothing my dad could have said would make me hurt this much. It's not so much that I'm a child born out of lust, I was a list baby, it's more so that my father wasn't true to himself, ever. I would hate to end up like him even more so than before. A person who has to hide and pretend to be someone else.

"M-my dad..."

"What did he do? Did he hurt you?" I shook my head taken aback by his protective tone.

He pulled back a little leaving his arms on my shoulders and looking straight into my eyes.

"My dad is gay." I whispered.

....:::::....:::::....:::::....

I announced my appearance in the school musical but honestly I didn't know if I wanted to make this chapter long or not so I stalled for a while and skipped a week but I chose to make it short next chapter will be very dramatic so prepare yourself.

February 16, 2018