Chapter 17: Because of the Night

"Mommy"
"Mommy I'm here."
"I'm ready."

I woke up in the middle of the night sweating and I looked beside me. Nik. He was shirtless and sound asleep. I looked down at myself and quietly smacked my face with my palm.

I slept with him.

I grabbed my skirt and boots. I gazed around for my top and I found it by Niklaus... ripped to shreds. My face scrunched up and I folded my arms. Getting up from the bed I stormed into his closet, stole a jacket and went back to the other side of his bed.

"Leaving so soon, love?" The hybrid spoke. I rolled my eyes and slid my skirt on.

"Yes, I have a very busy day ahead of me and this little...... episode." I tied my laces to my boots. "Is over." I stood up and he rushed towards me. The blonde original hybrid kissed me and proceeded to take my clothes off again. I hindered him from doing so.

"Klaus.." I breathed. The hybrid was still attacking me lovingly and I just let him do what he wanted to do. Easily slipping away from his grasp and he gently tugs at my wrist, pulling his jacket that I was going to steal

"What's that on your shoulder?" Niklaus asked intriguingly. My eyebrows furred together and I tried to see what he was speaking about but failed, miserably.

"Hmm. No clue. Maybe a birthmark?" I answered quickly.

"I have seen something similar to that representing a wolf pack in New Orleans." He continued. I turned to face him with an undecided look.

"Didn't know I had possible family in New Orleans." I buttoned up the jacket and preceded to exit his room. "Aside from Nayla."

"I could get in touch with a few so and so's around there." He noticed my worried expression and quickly sat up. "If you would like."

I nodded and looked back it him.

God was he gorgeous.

I took a deep breath before leaving.

———————

"Wait... you WHAT!" Caroline shouted going down the Salvatore brother's stairs. I groaned and placed my hand on my forehead.

"See if you weren't pestering me about why I was glowing I would have gotten away with it." I declared. The blonde vampire shook her head.

"Nope, sooner or later it would have escaped you, Arielle I have known you since you were five you can't keep anything from me for more than 24 hours." She turned towards me with her trash bag. Caroline looked me up and down before pursing her lips. "And that's facts, no printer." I burst out laughing and lightly shoved her.

"Caroline, my goodness woman have you bonkers?" I joked while cleaning up the counter.

My best friend just huffed and shrugged her shoulders. "Maybe, maybe not."

We moved towards the living room and I clicked on Damon's stereo. Sweet Caroline starts playing and I nodded my head viciously to the beat. Care follows my lead and we danced while cleaning in sync.

"Hands... touching hands.." We sang while Care grabs mine. "Reaching.... out."

"Touching me... touching you." I sang. She bumped my hip and turned to face me.

"Sweet Caroline." She sung. I smiled and rocked left and right.

"Bom bom bom." I harmonized with the background music. She twisted me in a circle. "Good times never seemed so good."

"I've been inclined." I sang. Care rocked with me and we started dancing in sync again.

"Bom bom bom." We sung together. "To believe they never would."