Chapter 14: Down the Rabbit Hole

"We could watch a movie?"Care suggested.

"Pass." I mumbled lowly.

"We could have a junk food contest?" The blonde continued.

"Pass." I declined.

"We could throw rocks at all the pedestrians walking by?" She tried again. "I know how much fun that used to be for you before-"

"Before my parents died." I finished for her. I sat up in my bed and met the face of my blonde best friend. "That was when I was rebellious and hardheaded.... Now I'm just hardheaded."

I threw my tennis ball up in the air and caught it.

"Do you wanna... talk about it maybe?" Caroline asked sheepishly.

"Care... There isn't much to talk about. I'm an inconvenience in his life. He's an all powerful thousand year old hybrid and I'm just a newbie vampire witch who can't even keep her emotions in check." I replied. Care grabbed my hand and gave me a look of reassurance.

"Hey, hey! You are not just some newbie vampire witch. You are a strong, independent, badass warrior princess and he's a fool to lose you. I understand you love him but love yourself above all things. No man is worth you losing your value." My girl best friend set the mood and I nodded my head.

"All I have been getting lately is words of encouragement. It's about time I start to act on them." I boasted, rushing to my closet and throwing on an outfit.

"Meet me in the kitchen when you're finished." Caroline called going down the stairs. I did my hygiene and put on my white shorts, grey off the shoulder shirt with a triangle cut out where my cleavage is. I slip on my white hightop converse and look in the mirror.

"Why so serious?" I breathed. I shook my head and mentally prepared myself for whatever was making its way towards me this moment.

------

Carter thought it would be a fun way to celebrate my breakup by breaking in to my ex's house. I heard a glass shattering and I rolled my eyes.

"Carter we are here to retrieve the sword from the attic, not create a mess!" I scolded. I heard him breath hard before smashing something else. "Carter!"

"What?" The hybrid witch gaped. "It's not like he's unable to compel himself a new one."

"We're suppose to leave without a trace!" My voice raised.

"You're acting like I actually give a damn about Klaus and his wannabe luxurious mansion."Carter sassed.

"Cut it with the attitude, C. Do you have the damn sword?" I hear more crashing and I teleport Carter out of the mansion with an unamused face.

"Hey! I wasn't finished." The werevampwitch exclaimed. I zoomed away.
----

Caroline, Carter and I walk through the door of my childhood home. I'm carrying my laptop and Carter has the sword.

"Well look if it isn't little orphan Lockwood. Come to show how laughably impotent you are against me?" Klaus greeted Carter.

"I'm just trying to help my friends find the cure." The male replied. "Found this in your attic," He revealed the sword to the hybrid bastard.

"... And you think the sword brings you closer to the cure?" Klaus inquired with a mocking tone.

"You tell me... I was playing around with the handle on the ride over and I found this.." Carter mentioned as he unwrapped the leather cover on the handle of the sword. Klaus inched closer to Cartellus with a derisive glance.