Chapter 9: O Come All Ye Faithful

I wake up in an empty bed and I glance at a note that was left beside my dresser.

Goodmorning princess, meet me downstairs when you awake,

P.S. you look lovely while sleeping, here's a picture I drew.

I picked up the card stock and shook my head. This cheeky bastard never ceases to amaze me.

I hopped out of bed and stretched. I kicked my leg on the edge of the bed and screamed.

"Fuck!" I hissed. I limped to the bathroom and took a shower. I did my hygiene and zoomed to my closet. I threw on a tee shirt dress with knee high boots and a bomber jacket. I took my hair out of my ponytail and shook it around.

I walked downstairs to see Nik painting a snowflake and I zoomed behind him.

"Goodmorning sweetheart." He greeted. I grinned and hugged him from behind.

"Morning, what you painting, crafty?" I responded. He turned around and placed a kiss on my forehead.

"Looks like a snowflake." My best friend's voice answered. He smirks at me and I roll my eyes.

"Top of the morning, Stef. Well rested ?" I acknowledged with a playful grin.

"Well waking up in a house alone without my best friend having no clue where you are, nearly scaring me makes for a night well rested, huh, Elle." I rolled my eyes and stuck my tongue out.

"Awe, you missed me." I taunted. He rolled his eyes before looking at Nik.

"I'm taking it you slept well, though." I looked at Nik before shrugging.

"I've slept better." I answered. I peeped Nik's smirk and laughed.

"I prefer to think of it as an expression of post modernism. It's my donation to the Winter Wonderland Charity Event." The hybrid spoke. One of his hybrids entered and gazed at me before Nik.

"You said it was urgent ?" He questioned.

"Yes. Take this to the Mystic Grill immediately." Nik ordered.

"You want me to be a delivery guy?" He asked baffled.

"What I want is for you to do whatever I say, without the attitude. I deal with Arielle enough." Nik answered. I gaped at him and slit my eyes. "Be careful with that. It's still wet."

"Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves, you know." Stefan commented.

"What is the point of having hybrids being sired to me if I can't maximize the limits of free labor? What are you doing here?" Nik countered.

"Elena is sired to Damon." The youngest Salvatore blurted. I rolled my eyes and made my distance between Nik and I grow. He noticed me grow uncomfortable and grabbed my hand lightly.

"I intuited as much." The older hybrid responded.

"Which means I need to find the cure now more than ever, and here you are making post- modern snowflakes and playing house with Arielle." Stefan adds. I threw Stefan a look and looked up at Klaus.

"I've delivered. I retrieved the hunter's sword from Italy, which we'll use to decipher the map hidden in the hunter's mark. You're the one who's suppose to deliver the hunter and his mark." Nik mentions.

"Well, Jeremy is the hunter, and he has to keep killing vampires to complete his mark, but we can't quite figure out how to keep him from killing us." Stefan spoke.

"Sounds like quite the chore, which is why I feel perfectly justified in doing a little charity work." Nik said, suspiciously with a cheeky smirk.

"Or maybe you're lying about having found the sword." Stefan countered. Nik rolls his eyes and moves towards the safe. He puts in the code and opened it.