It Only Takes Once (Chapter 32)

WARNING: This chapter contains lyrics to Beyoncé songs! Lmfao.

"Hey Byron." I said uneasily. What in the hell was Byron doing here in Jamaica. Khadarious and I were close with him, but not that close.

There was a time that I actually suspected Byron of shooting Devin, Khadarious, and his guard, but Devin assured me he was not the shooter. Byron just didn't have it in him, he would never do anything to purposefully hurt me or the people that I love.

"Hey Squirt." He said greeting me with a hug. "You look nice." He smiled while gesturing to my attire.

"Thanks." I said slowly. I was still trying to figure out what the hell he was doing here.

"Keep calm Squirt, I do have authorization from the Boss to be here." He laughed.

"It's not that Byron, I'm just still wondering what you're doing here." I explained.

"I was invited." He said simply.

"I get that big head." I said rolling my eyes. "But what are you doing here, at my doorstep, dressed up nice like you're about to go on a date or something."

"Because I'm taking you out tonight. Khadarious had to finish up some work so he asked me to take you." He explained making me face fall.

"He did what now?" I asked with an attitude while raising my eyebrow.

"Calm down, he's coming. He'll just be a little late." He said defending Khadarious.

"Whatever." I said rolling my eyes in irritation. "Where are we going?" I asked crossing my arms across my chest to rest them on my belly.

"To the beach." He said simply making me scrunch up my face before looking down at the nice ass dress I had on.

"In this dress?" I asked raising my eyebrow at him.

"Yes Shakayln, now go get ready to go. We're on a timeline." He said before pushing me back into the house and following me in.

"Can you help me with my shoes?" I asked handing him my sandals. He nodded his head before taking the shoes from me and then sitting me down so he could slip them on my feet for me.

"Got everything?" He asked helping me up.

"I thinks so." I shrugged before picking up my white Tom Ford bag that matched the white and silver sandals I had on.

"Bye guys." I called to the girls before I walked out the door.

"Bye Shak, see you in a minute." I heard Mika and Kamile call.

"Have fun." Shakayla and Jayde called at the same time.

"See you later bitch." Victoria sang.

"Victoria is a damn trip." Byron said shaking his head as we walked down the stone path together.

"Yeah she is, Devin is too. They're made for each other." I laughed.

"You ready to drop them babies?" He asked before throwing his left arm over my shoulder.

"Yeah, I'm kind of nervous though." I told him.

"I bet you are, your little ass can't take pain." He laughed.

"That's not funny, that's literally my struggle in life." I argued.

"Nah, you're just a wimp." He said patting my back.

"Shut up ugly, and you're a quick pumper." I said before dying laughing.

"So, are you done yet?" He asked mugging me upside my head as I continued to laugh at my joke.